Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Base Automatic
98 Posts
I've used in-channel and stick on. The problem I've had with in channel visors is they put additional pressure on the motor and could hear the motor working extra hard as it reached the top. Long term use can also deform the window seals. I'm a big fan of the stick ons. . The windows are huge on the Forester so it's unlikely the visors are big enough to block sun from hitting you from the side. I'm going to put black vinyl on the top 6 inches of my drivers window to stop the side glare. I highly recommend Vet Visors for your Forester, I've yet to have a set that increased wind noise and they keep the interior air fresh.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Basic 2.5i CVT
21 Posts
Do you find the deflectors reduce wind noise with the windows cracked an inch or so?
Yes I belive the wind noise much more annoying when you cracked the window an inch or less compared to noise added by deflectors.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
338 Posts
Side window deflectors have been a no-brainer purchase for every vehicle I've owned, including my 2019 Premium. There is al one list of advantages. Yes, they can be a bit noisy in certain circumstances. The advantages outweigh a bit of occasional wind noise. @vtdog and @mb13 mentioned the best overall - having the windows cracked in the rain!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts