Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Forester sport with upgraded 8" screen package. When I set it to automatic brightness it just stays on the brightest setting, even at night. Quite annoying.

Any ideas/fixes? Is that just a known flaw or is mine broken?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
160 Posts
2019 Forester sport with upgraded 8" screen package. When I set it to automatic brightness it just stays on the brightest setting, even at night. Quite annoying.

Any ideas/fixes? Is that just a known flaw or is mine broken?
I think your dimmer (left side slider) is all the way up which sets every brightness to max.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG... Easy fix. Thanks! Auto dimming gets really dim if you want! Obviously there are lots of buttons that I don't know what they do!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think your dimmer (left side slider) is all the way up which sets every brightness to max.
Thank you. I knew that controlled overall dashboard brightness, but never thought changing that to control the screen, which was too blinding at night, since the slider was set to max, just as was noted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It didnt work on mine..i put it on auto and the brightness stays dim. The trick to reduce the dask dimmer below the max setting also didnt work.. anyone having the same issue ?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
6 Posts
Having the opposite issue. When I am on accessory mode the auto brightness doesn’t work and just stays at the highest brightness setting. I usually having to go to manual mode and set the brightness to 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts