Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to replace the OEM (NGK?) plugs in my '19 Forester Limited but can't find the NGK number on any parts store or other website that corresponds to the Subaru part number 22401AA940.

Can someone advise which replacement NGK plug is correct? The 2019 Forester is also not listed on the NGK and Denso parts websites which is odd... Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
553 Posts
The problem is you won't find that NGK part number (DILKAR7Q8) in the NGK catalog. Maybe the 2020 catalog is out. It wasn't in the 19. I'm guessing they're so new NGK assumed nobody would be touching them for a few years. Similar to the lack of aftermarket wiper blades and cabin air filter (although that may no longer be true of the air filter) when the 19's first came out.

If you need the plugs (why??) you might be stuck with going to the dealer.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
154 Posts
Another alternative if you have the nerve is to go to Advance Auto and see if they have an Autolite matching number, you don't want just the Iridium but the Iridium Ultra Finewire which is their most advanced design. These were not in the store but I had to internet order. My 2017 is incredible with them for the past 6 months.
However, you should not do your plugs yourself unless your warranty is expired. It is a prolonged and precision job with many things that can go wrong for the dealership to later rightly or wrongly blame you for later problems, and deny your warranty. Unless you already have 60k+ on your 2019, if anything is wrong with your plugs it is ON THEM.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
880 Posts
I thought most of the newer vehicles used longer lasting spark plugs unlike the earlier models that needed plug changes every 30,000 miles.....Even with 30,000 miles, a 2019 model needing plug changes already?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I was trying to find out if the NGK OEM plugs were available along with the cabin air filter and other replacement parts.

I don’t think the Subaru Gold extended warranty covers maintenance parts.

Advance Auto doesn’t list the plugs, cabin air filter, or front wipers which I thought was odd as the 26” and 17” wipers are very common parts.

I guess this is the new normal...

Al

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
553 Posts
Wipers are covered under the three year wear warranty. Read your warranty booklet for the full list. The parts department will gladly take your money, since it sounds like you're itching to spend.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your opinion, but not itching to spend. More interested in hearing from owners what is really covered and what isn’t under the basic warranty, and the 100K Gold warranty. Jumping to conclusions is usually due to inexperience or foolishness, but either way, it’s usually expensive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted to replace the OEM (NGK?) plugs in my '19 Forester Limited but can't find the NGK number on any parts store or other website that corresponds to the Subaru part number 22401AA940.

Can someone advise which replacement NGK plug is correct? The 2019 Forester is also not listed on the NGK and Denso parts websites which is odd... Thanks.
100,000 miles only use factory plugs no mater what anyone says

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,942 Posts
If you are still under warranty you best use the exact plugs that Subaru specifies in the owners manaul.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,608 Posts
Why? Not required. Just like its not required to buy subaru air filters or oil filters .

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Automatic
162 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was trying to find out if the NGK OEM plugs were available along with the cabin air filter and other replacement parts.

I don’t think the Subaru Gold extended warranty covers maintenance parts.

Advance Auto doesn’t list the plugs, cabin air filter, or front wipers which I thought was odd as the 26” and 17” wipers are very common parts.

I guess this is the new normal...

Al
So I'm getting the impression you're trying to save money by scoring the needed OEM parts yourself with the idea the dealership service department is going to install them for you.
Um, you might wanna check with them before you drop a dime on stuff they potentially won't install.
Very few shops are going to install "customer" parts ...especially a dealership ...even if they are OEM/factory parts. The shop makes money on the parts; that's why they cost so much.
You might have better luck getting an indie shop that you're on excellent terms with install your parts but a dealership? I would be very surprised if they did that.

And yeah, read the owners manual ...there's a lot of useful information in that book that just about everyone systematically ignores.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts