Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ran into the same issue, and fixed it the same way: hold in the button on the liftgate itself for at least 7-8 seconds. The gate will eventually pop open, and you can lift it yourself.

If the problem returns, I would strongly encourage you to take it back to the dealer and request a warranty repair. Even though this rates "mildly annoying" for most of us, and even though there might not be an immediate fix, it will help all of us to start a paper trail with Subaru.
My 2018 Forester has been doing that since I've owned it. Doesn't matter if I press the hatch button long or short duration; I end up staring at it then go to the key remote.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been experiencing this issue (I go to open the rear gate and I just get the 3 beeps) on an increasing basis and when I called the dealership to ask if they was anything else besides the "work-around" of resetting the motor. They told me that SOA has now acknowledged certain VIN 2019 Foresters got "motors/units with a hardware issue that is not resolvable with software" and therefore there is a new part to address this issue. Upon running my VIN the dealership told me that mine was just outside of what SOA said was the affected group, but they were ordering the part for me anyways and would contact SOA about it for me also. Once I get that new part number and any more info I will post it here.

221 - 223 of 223 Posts