Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,922 Posts
Unless there is evidence of damage, I would think your warranty would cover the cracking and peeling.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
571 Posts
That looks like something landed/scraped on it. Those scratches don't just happen. Do you have a roof top carrier or basket?

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like something landed/scraped on it. Those scratches don't just happen. Do you have a roof top carrier or basket?
No. They are all cracks, not scratches. That's what has me puzzled. No sign of any type of impact to it at all. I'm hoping my wife (she's the primary driver) calls the dealer today and gets it looked at.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Peja Thanks, me too. I'll keep you guys informed. I'm happy this seems like a one off thing. I was worried that this is a problem with all the new ones. Some kind of design defect but it seems no one else is having this problem. At least not yet!

·
Premium Member
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,632 Posts
I'm 98% sure that's the leading edge of the transport wrap where the adhesive tends to stick more and transfer to the paint, which then collects dirt and looks like cracks. Take a paint safe adhesive remover to it (goo gone is a good one)

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 98% sure that's the leading edge of the transport wrap where the adhesive tends to stick more and transfer to the paint, which then collects dirt and looks like cracks. Take a paint safe adhesive remover to it (goo gone is a good one)
Bingo! Do I feel stupid. I was going to try some wax on it but it looked/felt like a crack! Went to the dealer and he rubbed it with his thumb, it came off. Relieved but yeah, feel stupid. Came home and it all waxed right off. Thanks everyone, I'm gonna hide in a corner now LOL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts