Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and need to know if anyone with the new 2019 forester has installed the rear bumper protector part number #E771SSJ000 I recently purchased a 2019 Forester Limited and it does not have the back bumper scuff pad/protector so I found the part number above and ordered it. The install should be easy enough with the applied 3m adhesive but it does not seem to fit correctly or flush as it sticks off the back bumper edge about quarter of inch or so and just didn't look quite rite so I didn't stick it down. Has anyone here installed this exact part number to a 2019 Forester and what was your experience??? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
123 Posts
mine was installed at the port. It only protrudes the thickness of the cover. Welcome to come up to Raleigh and look at mine if you cannot find one locally in Fayetteville.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
24 Posts
I'm really glad to hear you didn't stick it down! I just installed one on mine earlier today and it definitely does not stick out a 1/4 of an inch... it should be flush with your bumper and look like the photo you posted. The might be a *tiny* gap (less than 1mm) after it's installed, but I think that might be from the adhesive itself. It's not noticeable and looks flush.

It was a little harder than I thought it'd be. The process is straight-forward but there really aren't any do-overs. I also didn't see the far left and far right arrows on the bumper or anywhere inside the hatch (though the ones on the bumper cover itself were there) like the instructions illustrated, so I tried really hard to make sure the center one was perfect.

The bumper cover didn't feel flush at first and I had to kind of compress it between my finger tips and palm, if that makes sense, while pushing it down onto the bumper to become flush. I think that was harder than expected because the red tape has some pretty good grip to it.

Make sure you have it positioned perfectly and it's flush before removing any red tape whatsoever and you should be good.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
646 Posts
Mine installed without a problem. Subaru provides the tapes with long tabs. The best way to install is to line everything up exactly where you want it with all the red protectors still in place and sticking out so you can grab them. Use Blue masking tape to secure all the corners down so the bumper protector does not move. Now go back to those pull tabs and pull the one closet to the front of the car. As you get it out, press down to get the contact points. Then remove all the others one at a time pressing into contact. That is about as straight forward as it gets. Hard to make mistakes when you do it this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts