Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
414 Posts
So, I decided to go with the Primitive Racing lift kit. It is only a 1.25" lift, but that is naturally provided by the springs. No, lift spacers. The benefit for me was performance handling and less rear end sag when towing.

I plan to do a full install tutorial in a couple weeks. Will post a couple photos here and a full tutorial on my Modz page.

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
18 Posts
What are you guys paying for the readylift installation? I've contacted a reputable Subaru shop in my area (SF bay area) and they are asking for 200$ an hour for about 4 hours and another 140$ for alignment, that's 800 for the install alone... It seems way too much for removing and reinstalling the struts... Looks like I'll be doing it myself, I've replaced struts before, not a big deal but was looking to save myself a Saturday but at 800$ I'll probably do it myself.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
414 Posts
My local shop wanted $1200 to install the LP Adventure kit or the Primitive kit. I thought that was ridiculous. My cousin paid about $300 for an LP Adventure kit in a 2015 Forester. That kit has more parts, but does not require spring swap, so I think each of these two kits are equivilent in time and cost to install.

I am going to install my kit this Friday, so I hope to post some updates when done.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
3 Posts
Did any of y'all have any issues with the alignment in the rear? A guy on Facebook said we'll have too much positive camber in the rear with this kit.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
3 Posts
He may be right. But, you should be getting a realignment after a lift kit install. My dealer charged me $99 and I was out in one hour.
Thank you for the feedback. That kit looks amazing on your vehicle!

I was afraid the geometry would be so misaligned with the ReadyLift, there wouldn't be enough adjustment range for an alignment.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts