Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Thought I would post some pictures of the ReadyLift I just put on my 2019 Forester. This lift is a lot less than others and was wondering how it would all work out. - Ended up very happy. Alignment went just fine and the BFG 225/65/17 Tires fit totally fine, no rubbing. Ride is great. I was surprised as I expected because of cost there could be issues...but ReadyLift is a large mfg and there isn't much to these lift kits to justify $1000 for a lift. I did this to improve the look, not so much for performance as most "lift kits" are just that.

More modifications to come- installed a light bar and some lights to finish the Forester to give it a more rugged look.

IMG_9404.jpg

IMG_9406.jpg

IMG_9405.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
I’m also getting the ready lift on my 2019 Forester tomorrow ! I have a green forester and I’m getting bronze 502 method 17s on ! With bfg ko2 17 inch tires ! I like how a yours came out ! I really thought about the same black rhino rims as you ! They look amazing ! May regret going crazy with the Bronze rims ! But you only live once ! Besides who cares what other people think

You really need to get your 2 front windows tinted to match the back ! It would look much better

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Rhino Boxers?
Yep, really like them and they are priced reasonably for a cosmetic wheel. If you are really going to bang up your rims a real rally wheel would be better but I did this primarily for a better look.

I would tint the front windows but in Cali you can get a ticket...don't need a reason for police to pull me over. :grin2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
window tint

Yep, really like them and they are priced reasonably for a cosmetic wheel. If you are really going to bang up your rims a real rally wheel would be better but I did this primarily for a better look.

I would tint the front windows but in Cali you can get a ticket...don't need a reason for police to pull me over. :grin2:
actually this what I do for work , window tinting ! it may be illegal but its only a 25 dollar fix it ticket , if you put on a medium tint you usually won't have an issue . like a 28% or 30% snd it would blend nice with the back half . I use Solargard supreme series and it matches really well with the back color .

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't notice any mileage change really, the OD is off a few mph and of course they are louder as expected. I have had these tires on a lot of vans and trucks I have owned and really like them. Great wear and traction. Any AT tire that looks aggressive will give you road noise, I had Pirelli Scorpions for example on a different truck...quiet but really did not like the looks of the tire, not aggressive enough. Also have had Nitto's, Yokahama's, and Good Year AT's. This is only going from a 60 to a 65...so the change is very small.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Photos with light bar. I posted a review of this bar as well on another thread for exterior mods for those wanting feedback on the LP bar if they are considering purchasing one.

InkedIMG_9408_LI.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m also getting the ready lift on my 2019 Forester tomorrow ! I have a green forester and I’m getting bronze 502 method 17s on ! With bfg ko2 17 inch tires ! I like how a yours came out ! I really thought about the same black rhino rims as you ! They look amazing ! May regret going crazy with the Bronze rims ! But you only live once ! Besides who cares what other people think

You really need to get your 2 front windows tinted to match the back ! It would look much better
I love bronze rims on blue cars...retro!

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like those rims! That on a blue Forester is going to look sick! Gotta post some pics. I would have done that look for sure if I had a dark paint job, but it take so much work keeping dark paint looking nice. :frown2::woohoo:

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
I like those rims! That on a blue Forester is going to look sick! Gotta post some pics. I would have done that look for sure if I had a dark paint job, but it take so much work keeping dark paint looking nice. :frown2::woohoo:
I will post pics after it’s all put together , should be this coming Thursday or Friday , I’m so excited I can’t stand it !:laugh:

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FYI - I have the stock wheels with lugs for sale as well...any reasonable offers since I upgraded mine. 17" x 7.5 lug pattern 5 X 114.3 they fit 2019 Forester as well as Outback and Legacy. Brand new, not a scratch on them. Located in San Diego, CA. (North Coastal) Please PM if interested.

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9357.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
37 Posts
nice! I considered a Readylift for my 2017 Forester. Ended up going with the LP Aventure lift instead, mainly because they're the only lift kit on the market for subaru that is FMVSS 126 rollover certified.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
631 Posts
That is indeed a good kit. I was considering this and the Primitive Racing kit which uses springs instead of spacers for 1.25" of lift and parts to recorrect the geometry. Did you consider the Privmitive kit? It runs abotu the same price.

I am still on the fence, but leaning towards the Primitive kit since it has the springs, which also improves ride performance and handling in addition to lift and looks.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
37 Posts
Hey sorry just saw this message. I did consider the primitive kit. However I decided to use the LP Aventure because they are the only lift kit provider who FMVSS 126 tested and certified which for me was a big seller. Also their customer service was better than Primitive when I had inquiries about each respective kit.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts