Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since they "fixed" my rear hatch by replacing its control unit (or whatever they did), my radio no longer recognizes my iPhone when I connect it. I get the "No device attached" or "Do you want to add a device", but that's for BlueTooth and I have it plugged into the USB port.

I have to unbplug and replug it three or four times before it recognizes my phone. Real PITA when I'm driving and want to hook up the phone.

What the heck did they do to my system?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,795 Posts
@tjdunlap this is a long shot & the odds are not very good that it will correct your issues, but it will only cost a bit of your time. Try a system reset, which could clear any "glitched" electronics. If it doesn't help, you can move on to other troubleshooting.

On the link below, do steps [1] thru [4]. If you have idle issues afterwards, go back & do all the steps.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was your firmware up to date before the visit? If not maybe they updated that? I’d remove any CarPlay connection on the radio and on the phone and set it up again as a start.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
962 Posts
It might be wise to delete the phone on the car, then simply re-add it to see if the problem goes away.

Its a simple and easy thing to try...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts