Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suggestions to download phone contacts from my Android Moto E5 to my 2019 Forester. They are paired but contacts will not download.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy
472 Posts
The first thing to look at is making sure the permissions for Android Auto are set correctly. One of the permissions to allow it access to your contacts. It is a question you had to answer at one point because the default for any permission is 'off'
Go to permissions under set up. "Contact permissions", "Android Auto" and make sure it is set to on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first thing to look at is making sure the permissions for Android Auto are set correctly. One of the permissions to allow it access to your contacts. It is a question you had to answer at one point because the default for any permission is 'off'
Go to permissions under set up. "Contact permissions", "Android Auto" and make sure it is set to on.
where is contact permissions found?

·
Registered
2019 forester touring
35 Posts
Jules23, I don't know what trim you have, but if you want to look at this video it may help. You would have to re-pair your phone. No Android Auto necessary unless that is what you originally wanted. It was not clear in your original post. When you pair the phone, there is an option to download your contacts . I have a touring and it might be different.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy
472 Posts
My phone is on under permissions
Ok, that's all I got. Perhaps visit the dealer. I'm sure it is some sort of setting they deal with on a daily basis.
Don't even bother the service department and just walk into sales.
Sales people love it when they can finally do something 'technical'. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts