Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to Subarus and bought my first, a 2019 Premium in Bronze, on January 1st. Planning wheels, tires, and lift kit from ADF or LP. I have done a lot of searching on the forums for anyone that has installed the 235/65R17 size tire to see if they fit, but found nothing so I took the leap and did it on Monday. Pictures aren't great as it's been raining in Alabama lately, but here is a 2019 Premium with Konig Backbone Wheels 17x7.5 with 45mm offset and 235/65R17 (29.1") Hankook Dynapros on it. No lift yet. I get just the slightest bit of rubbing on the inner front fender liner at full lock in reverse. None any other time. So I would say they fit and I think this is the way it should look from the factory:)

Next will likely be the ADF 1.5" lift with spacers.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 touring
12 Posts
looks great. do you think you'd have rubbing if you had the 1.5 lift? or do you think if you changed to rally armor flaps would that do it? i really would like to get some 235/65/17 geolandars on my '19. thanks for posting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your combo looks so good. Did you get a matching spare? If you did, I’m curious if it was able to be stuffed under the floor in the cargo area.
Since I am not planning any off road trips in the near future, I ordered a replacement temp spare of the same diameter to go on my spare wheel in the back. It should fit fine but will update once complete. I will likely get a used spare tire in the same diameter and mount it to one of the factory wheels to through in the hatch when I plan to really get off road. I think the spare doughnut of the same diameter will be fine for my daily commuting and around town.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks great. do you think you'd have rubbing if you had the 1.5 lift? or do you think if you changed to rally armor flaps would that do it? i really would like to get some 235/65/17 geolandars on my '19. thanks for posting
Not sure if the slight rubbing will go away with the lift, but I think it will. I have plenty of room in the rear of the fender wells so I believe the rally flaps would fit but I am not planning to install any. I really want the final look to be understated and to look as though it came from the factory that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I was really torn between the Geolanders and the Dynapros but after looking at them side by side, I really liked the more aggressive tread pattern of the Dynapros and they are a P metric tire so I felt they might ride better on the highway. So far I have no complaints. They are the same weight too, which I was also looking at closely. I was trying to keep the weight down, which is the reason I went with the Konig Backbone. They were only 18lbs each. Tires were 32 or 33lbs depending on which web site you looked at. I haven't actually weighed the setup yet, but plan to this weekend.

·
Registered
0614 X & 2.5iP 4eat & CVT
121 Posts
Looks great! I had the same tires on up until yesterday on my '14. I had no rubbing at all in the front and a little in the rear with loaded. But I wanted to add a 1"ADF lift and when I did, the rear tires rubbed immediately and couldn't be corrected with alignment. I had to choose to either add a rear spacer or reduce tire size so I decided to reduce tire size to 225 65 17 because I didn't want to go messing with more stuff than I was comfortable with. I'm really happy with it now. It seems as long as you go the 1.5" + spacer you will have a great setup.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
159 Posts
I'm getting conflicting reports on 235/65r17 for the 2019 Forester, some says it will rub, some says it doesn't. I'm not sure what to get, help please? :)

This is with LP Aventure LP-1 wheels 17X7.5 ET35 5X114.3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I what did you get and do they fit? I'm looking at selling my 16 outback that has 2015 WRX 17" wheels with 235/65r17, same hub size and 114.3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts