Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Forester premium that has base sound system. My previous Forester I had an aftermarket alpine headunit and hefts audio speakers put in and sounded great. Also had an infinity bass link sub. I was looking to upgrade the speakers again to hertz audio and put the sub back in. I saw the Rockford Fosgate upgrade and it looks like much less expensive than what I was looking at. Has anyone heard these speakers or knows the model of them. Wanted to read reviews online. I see also comes with an amp which is nice. Maybe I can find them in a car audio store near me to listen to first as well. So would have base headunit plus my sub woofer and new speakers. Just can’t afford the 700 or more to get the hertz now.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
409 Posts
I installed this upgrade in my 2019 Premium. The kit includes the amp, which is installed under the passenger seat, and the two front door speakers. It sounds much better than the base speakers. The RF speakers are much better quality, as the stock are very lightweight and have a very cheap paper cone.

The install took about 2 hours. Removing the vents around the headunit to remove it was challenging, but there are good photos on this forum from others that have done installs. There are a lot of connections to the headunit. I took lots of before photos that came in very handy while reconnecting everything. You then run a single, large wiring harness behind the glovebox and along the passenger front door to under the seat.

Again, it only includes the two front door speakers. I would consider that in how much of an upgrade you are looking for.

The Subaru instructions were right on for the install. They are here: https://subaruonlineparts.com/docs/H630SSJ000.PDF

·
Registered
2019 Forester
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to only install just front speakers. Do you know the model number of the speakers and amp.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
60 Posts
There's an old thread, which quotes

I contacted RF asking for more details on the upgrade kit. They said it's their Flex 41 amp specifically designed for Forester OEM. The amp will not do subs, you would need an additional amp to add a sub

·
Registered
71 Posts
The amp has a dsp and time aligns the stock speakers also I suspect uses filters to protect the speakers... The combination of power and tuning on the amp makes the output very impressive. Most users won't even bother with subs after the install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Follow up question - if you install the RF audio system, will the aux cables still work? Does it affect the rear view camera?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
409 Posts
No change to the rear view camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts