Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m still tracking gas mileage so give me a few tanks . I also added Yakima jetstream bars which may effect a tad as well. Don’t forget my overall diameter is plus 0.9 inches which may mess with my computer slightly.
I’m going to calculate old school at the pump vs odometer so I’ll keep ya posted!
Fire road in Santa Clarita today!!! Popped me cherry!

·
Registered
33 Posts
So goood.

Interesting bit of information I read about this Pirelli,,, the tread actually has patterns of “P”for Pirelli and “ S” for Scorpion!!??.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really dig your setup! I just bought a 2020 Sport and I’m definitely looking into getting new wheels and tires for it! I’ve been eying the LP-1s or the Black rhino Arsenals!

What was the process for swapping the stock ones out for these? Did you need to buy new TPMS’s or just used the old ones? Also, has changing your wheel setup cause any issues with eyesight at all?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Tran, thanks! Congratulations on the new Sport man. Ironically, the Arsenals were my first choice until I found the Sandstorms. If you go that route DO post pics!

my tire guy had no trouble swapping over the stock tpms over to the new setup.
Ironically the stock Subaru caps snapped in perfectly to the 17in sandstorms. I’m assuming it’s a universal fit cap but who knows.

NO TROUBLE WITH EYESIGHT!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m still on the fence on which ones I want. I mostly like the Rhinos because while they’re everywhere on trucks and runners, they don’t sit on foresters. So it’d be nice to have something different. BUT, I like the bronze LP1s. Just so clean!
Thanks for your help though boss, I’ll make sure keep you posted 🤙🏽

·
Registered
2018 Forester
2 Posts
Man they look great! I’m rocking the same exact size but went with the BR Sandstorms. How quiet are the Pirellis?! They feel great and my offset gives a wider stance. So far so good on the Pirellis. Congratulations mate! View attachment 528825
Hi, Thank you for sharing with the best set up ever. I am considering the same set up but the 2018 xt touring is 5x100 bolt pattern, Am i safe on 35mm offset? How is the stance going to look? Can you please help.
Thank you..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks man, appreciated. 35mm will be fine in my opinion. Just be sure to check your stock offset and compare them to see how much more the wheels will poke out. I’m assuming 35mm offset will be minimal but that’ll depend on the OEM wheel offset?

Hi, Thank you for sharing with the best set up ever. I am considering the same set up but the 2018 xt touring is 5x100 bolt pattern, Am i safe on 35mm offset? How is the stance going to look? Can you please help.
Thank you..

·
Registered
16 Posts
@BGinLA - cheers!
It's definitely dropped the fuel range over the OEM set up and has also taken some pep from the 2.5.. On the up side I like the look and 100% confident on the dirt, mud, sand etc. It almost sits an inch higher, no lift and no rubbing in the 5000ks they've been on.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
2 Posts
Thanks man, appreciated. 35mm will be fine in my opinion. Just be sure to check your stock offset and compare them to see how much more the wheels will poke out. I’m assuming 35mm offset will be minimal but that’ll depend on the OEM wheel offset?
Thank you sir for the help. Just found out that the OEM wheels are 18x7 with 48mm offset.(y)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts