Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get the PIN code unlock function to work on my '19 Touring. I have followed the instructions to the letter and I seem to get all the confirmation beeps at the appropriate times. But after I'm done, it doesn't work. Has anyone else gotten this function to work?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,942 Posts
@JohnCNA is this what you're trying to do?
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!! Thank you so much!
The instruction manual could have been written more clearly (big surprise). I thought the instruction at Step 6 was to repeat Step 5-5 again, instead of starting over again at Step 5-1. The video made it perfectly clear.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
800 Posts
The instruction manual could have been written more clearly (big surprise). I thought the instruction at Step 6 was to repeat Step 5-5 again, instead of starting over again at Step 5-1. The video made it perfectly clear.
Same here. I couldn't get it with the book. The video made it clear.
It's a nice feature to have

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I didn't know that we could disable the fob proximity function, too. I had bought one of the small faraday bags so I could leave the fob in the car while kayaking. But I couldn't leave it until inside I solved the PIN access method to get back in. I could lock/unlock the car with the StarLink app, but it's not 100% reliable. Every once in a while it won't connect. Besides, I didn't want to take my phone along while kayaking either.

I don't know why they just couldn't put a keypad on the outside. Couldn't cost more than a couple bucks. My '08 Taurus had one and my wife's '13 Escape has one and neither were high of deluxe trim levels.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The way they did it on the Escape is pretty classy. No visible keypad. Touch the back edge of the window frame and the hidden digits light up.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
800 Posts
And I didn't know that we could disable the fob proximity function, too. I had bought one of the small faraday bags so I could leave the fob in the car while kayaking. But I couldn't leave it until inside I solved the PIN access method to get back in. I could lock/unlock the car with the StarLink app, but it's not 100% reliable. Every once in a while it won't connect. Besides, I didn't want to take my phone along while kayaking either.

I don't know why they just couldn't put a keypad on the outside. Couldn't cost more than a couple bucks. My '08 Taurus had one and my wife's '13 Escape has one and neither were high of deluxe trim levels.
It's likely Ford has patent on it, as I've never seen a non-Ford have one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
There are a large number of videos on you-tube university regarding pin access:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,093 Posts
Hah! Did the exact same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts