Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took her in for the PCV recall. Took 10 minutes.

In addition, if you all aren't aware, the brakes on our vehicles are warranted for 3/36. I have a slight pulsing in the front so the dealer ordered the pads and will be doing a full front brake job (resurfacing and pad change) FREE OF CHARGE:D

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
20 Posts
Took her in for the PCV recall. Took 10 minutes.

In addition, if you all aren't aware, the brakes on our vehicles are warranted for 3/36. I have a slight pulsing in the front so the dealer ordered the pads and will be doing a full front brake job (resurfacing and pad change) FREE OF CHARGE:D
When did you receive the letter? I have email from NHTSA but you must have the letter from SOA for the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Received the letter last week and also had it pop up on my CarFax app. Just call your dealer and make sure they have the updated valve in stock. It will have a blue ring around it and they changed the internal valve from plastic to metal. Kit includes a new valve and new hose. Literally...less than 10 minutes to do.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Convenience CVT
9 Posts
Subaru of Canada issued the recall.
I was called last week and brought my vehicle in today.
They've inspected the valve, no damage observed. When asked if they had replaced the valve, they had not, as they had not received the procedure from Subaru of Canada yet.

Why would you contact customers for a recall appointment if you don't have the procedure yet? It's not like it was an expensive part or anything.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subaru of Canada issued the recall.
I was called last week and brought my vehicle in today.
They've inspected the valve, no damage observed. When asked if they had replaced the valve, they had not, as they had not received the procedure from Subaru of Canada yet.

Why would you contact customers for a recall appointment if you don't have the procedure yet? It's not like it was an expensive part or anything.
They are supposed to replace it and inspect the old only to see if the valve interior blew apart and spewed material into the engine. The replacement has a BLUE ring around it versus the pink ring on the defective valve so easy to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
937 Posts
Old pcv left. The bulletin says its ceramic (inside?) But it looks aluminum.
The new one is steel.
We are now replacing some acents now.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
236 Posts
I bought a replacement PCV valve for my 2011, which is the same part as for a 2019, and it has no colored ring on it. Pretty much like the right side one in Sackett's pic above.Part number is 11810-AA131. I did the magnet test, and its made of stainless steel. The recalled ones have an aluminum case. I was paranoid I was being sold old stock as the problem ones were introduced in 2018, and I thought there might be a possibility the dealer had sold me one of those. Glad to know it wasn't the case. Maybe when it warms up a bit I will get around to replacing mine.

·
Registered
2019 forester base
178 Posts
my dealer replaced the valve and also gave me a new oil change/filter although I had just had one the month prior....wonder if that is part of the process?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@securityguy I noticed my 19' Forester Sport has a slight pulsing going on in my brake pedal. Does not feel smooth, almost like I am pushing into sand. I am wondering if that is the issue you're experiencing. The dealership claimed they could not replicate the issue.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
144 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Package 15
374 Posts
Weird. My car was leased January 2019 so it should be included in this recall. Both websites don’t show me on the list. I’m in for service next week so it would be nice to get this done with.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Weird. My car was leased January 2019 so it should be included in this recall. Both websites don’t show me on the list. I’m in for service next week so it would be nice to get this done with.
Doubt you'll be on the list. The part was changed before year end 2018. Took delivery of mine Nov 2018 and it wasn't on the list and had the revised steel part. Plus it goes by engine production date not the vehicle. Motors were built ahead.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
17 Posts
I'm going in this week[1/27] to replace valve on my 2019 Limited delivered October '19. Still haven't received an official recall notice, but did verify that my car is on the recall list and called dealer for appointment. No symptoms noted.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Package 15
374 Posts
As it stands now, I don't have the PCV recall, but they did swap out the rear gate control after giving them the TSB to reference.

Thanks @PearlWhite

1 - 18 of 18 Posts