Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ForesterTouring 2.5
115 Posts
Had the daily WiFi connection announcements etc,and all was fine until this morning, when I went to enter anew MD office that I had an appointment for. The system could not find the address,and then, with the car outside, and switching screens to the map, found that the map would not load. Also, noted that the Subaru WIFi connection wasn’t registering,while my home WIiFi, both bands, were fine. Cycling the car on/off thrice did not resolve or change anything. End result is a completely INOP nav system. Checking the system load confirms (?) that the latest system and map is loaded. Mystery is why they appear disconnected. Would appreciate any thoughts on similar experiences.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will the USB firmware upgrade work on 2019 Premium?
can someone please provide a link to the files and Docs?
I used to do this on my old Escape..
thank you
herb

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
279 Posts
You need to create a separate account. There's a button to do so.

edit: so for the third day in a row, this morning a “your system is up to date” banner displayed across my screen. Wonder when that ends.
To stop the “system is up to date” message, go to settings and turn off automatically check for updates.

·
Registered
2019 ForesterTouring 2.5
115 Posts
Had the daily WiFi connection announcements etc,and all was fine until this morning, when I went to enter anew MD office that I had an appointment for. The system could not find the address,and then, with the car outside, and switching screens to the map, found that the map would not load. Also, noted that the Subaru WIFi connection wasn’t registering,while my home WIiFi, both bands, were fine. Cycling the car on/off thrice did not resolve or change anything. End result is a completely INOP nav system. Checking the system load confirms (?) that the latest system and map is loaded. Mystery is why they appear disconnected. Would appreciate any thoughts on similar experiences.
Before reloading from a USB stick this morning, I tried shutting off the auto updates, and when I checked both the map and the Subaru WiFi status, both were normal. Go figure.

·
Registered
2019 Forester - Touring CVT
29 Posts
So I remote start my car this morning and after about 10 minutes, it says there's an update. Took about 5 minutes for it to download, install, and restart. Does anyone know what fixes were done? I thought firmware updates were only done by the dealer and it was only navigation that got updated? I don't have navigation on the Sport but I do have the larger screen. Any idea what it was?
My Waze aligns the navigation upside down and sideways when using Android Auto since my last firmware update around June. Hopefully they've fixed that? Not sure if that happens with Apple.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
592 Posts
My Waze aligns the navigation upside down and sideways when using Android Auto since my last firmware update around June. Hopefully they've fixed that? Not sure if that happens with Apple.
There is a newer firmware update. See if that fixes your problem. No issues with Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Turbo XT
8 Posts
Hi, just wondering if this OTA update worked for anybody outside of the USA?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too would like the link to the current SW as my 2019 Premium does not have the Wi-Fi option and I don't see the link in this thread as noted above

Thanks in advance

21 - 32 of 32 Posts