Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ForesterTouring 2.5
91 Posts
Had the daily WiFi connection announcements etc,and all was fine until this morning, when I went to enter anew MD office that I had an appointment for. The system could not find the address,and then, with the car outside, and switching screens to the map, found that the map would not load. Also, noted that the Subaru WIFi connection wasn’t registering,while my home WIiFi, both bands, were fine. Cycling the car on/off thrice did not resolve or change anything. End result is a completely INOP nav system. Checking the system load confirms (?) that the latest system and map is loaded. Mystery is why they appear disconnected. Would appreciate any thoughts on similar experiences.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will the USB firmware upgrade work on 2019 Premium?
can someone please provide a link to the files and Docs?
I used to do this on my old Escape..
thank you
herb

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
221 Posts
You need to create a separate account. There's a button to do so.

edit: so for the third day in a row, this morning a “your system is up to date” banner displayed across my screen. Wonder when that ends.
To stop the “system is up to date” message, go to settings and turn off automatically check for updates.

·
Registered
2019 ForesterTouring 2.5
91 Posts
Had the daily WiFi connection announcements etc,and all was fine until this morning, when I went to enter anew MD office that I had an appointment for. The system could not find the address,and then, with the car outside, and switching screens to the map, found that the map would not load. Also, noted that the Subaru WIFi connection wasn’t registering,while my home WIiFi, both bands, were fine. Cycling the car on/off thrice did not resolve or change anything. End result is a completely INOP nav system. Checking the system load confirms (?) that the latest system and map is loaded. Mystery is why they appear disconnected. Would appreciate any thoughts on similar experiences.
Before reloading from a USB stick this morning, I tried shutting off the auto updates, and when I checked both the map and the Subaru WiFi status, both were normal. Go figure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts