Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

I made the first DIY oil change on my 2019 Forester today using a Griot's Garage oil extractor.

After the extractor was complete I pulled the drain plug and only got an additional 50cc of oil out of the pan.

That seems good enough to me so I don't find a compelling reason to get underneath the car for an oil change with that lovely filter right on top.

Joe

·
Registered
203 Posts
The other thing to remember is that if you had the oil changed at either the dealer or a quick lube joint the pimply faced kid who did the oil change would not wait long enough to drain out all the oil anyway. The 1.5 oz residual is very good

·
Registered
1999 "L" - 231,000 mi. AT
702 Posts
😎 Like that you tested how much your extractor pulled out - a step most people would have skipped.

·
Registered
203 Posts
😎 Like that you tested how much your extractor pulled out - a step most people would have skipped.
Actually, since you asked: I drain my oil into a measured container. I check to be sure I get out as much as I can as I don't want to overfill. Currently, I am adding 4.8 quarts not 4.4 as listed in manual. 4.4 did not show full on dipstick and, when I did the first oil change, just under 5qts came out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts