Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked; I looked but didn't find the same problem.

2019 Touring has worked fine. Got in the car today and tried to make a hands-free call but did not get the usual ding-ding response to the left-thumb button. I still gave the instruction to call my wife, but heard nothing so pressed "hang up". My wife then called me to ask why I was calling her; the call rang on my cell phone, but not on the car system.

Later tried to turn on the radio; screen responds (AM, FM and Sirius), changes stations and all, but no sound. Then noticed that the navigation was not giving me directions; they were on the screen, but nothing audio.

The nav mute is not on. All volume settings (which had not been changed since last drive a week ago) appear to be in normal order. It's as if there were a general muting turned on for the entire system -- but I don't find a general mute button, and the manuals don't say anything about such a thing.

I have rebooted the audio system (hold down volume button 10+ seconds until screen goes black) several times. I have parked, turned car off, and come back an hour later. No difference. Everything seems to work -- there is just no sound.

I do still get the audio alerts from the lane-keep and other safety systems. But no audio associated with the screen.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
@CatoUWS There are a couple TSB’s for the “No-Audio” issue.
Need to make appt with dealer. May need the new Firmware Update, new Amp and/or new Head Unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked; I looked but didn't find the same problem.

2019 Touring has worked fine. Got in the car today and tried to make a hands-free call but did not get the usual ding-ding response to the left-thumb button. I still gave the instruction to call my wife, but heard nothing so pressed "hang up". My wife then called me to ask why I was calling her; the call rang on my cell phone, but not on the car system.

Later tried to turn on the radio; screen responds (AM, FM and Sirius), changes stations and all, but no sound. Then noticed that the navigation was not giving me directions; they were on the screen, but nothing audio.

The nav mute is not on. All volume settings (which had not been changed since last drive a week ago) appear to be in normal order. It's as if there were a general muting turned on for the entire system -- but I don't find a general mute button, and the manuals don't say anything about such a thing.

I have rebooted the audio system (hold down volume button 10+ seconds until screen goes black) several times. I have parked, turned car off, and come back an hour later. No difference. Everything seems to work -- there is just no sound.

I do still get the audio alerts from the lane-keep and other safety systems. But no audio associated with the screen.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Thanks, all!
Hi,
Did you get this resolved? What happened? Same problem here...
thanks,
NYM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts