Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Forrester Sport. Only issue until yesterday was the electronic reach hatch which seems common.
Recd. call to iPhone connected via Bluetooth. This displayed "Incoming Call" on the display above steering well. I didn't answer call as it was SPAM. The "Incoming Call" notice wouldn't go away and no Audio could be heard. Tried Siruix, FM, etc.
Turned off car and back on - issue remained. The only fix was to factory reset via the console menu. Other than having to set clock and audio presets, all has been fine since. Any thoughts as to cause? Just some freak occurrence?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
2020 Forester, Crystal While Pearl, Saddle Brown Leather
41 Posts
I have a three-week-old 2020 Forester Touring with the same exact problem. Says "Incoming call..." in the MID display, but there is no call. Come to think of it, the last audio from the system might have been a call couple of days ago. Which seemed to work OK.

Starlink Harmon Kardon system is on, but no audio from FM, AM, Sirius or incoming calls. Navigation via the Android Auto is silent as well. Simple 10-second reset/restart of the head unit didn't help. Deleting Bluetooth pairing didn't help either.

Before this everything worked well with the infotainment system. I will try the factory reset as suggested above.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The factory reset did not help. I tried this several times without any success. Sigh, a visit to the dealer is next.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The dealer tech looked it over, and decided to disconnect and reconnect the HK amp under the front passenger seat to fix it.

That brought all the audio back, but the dealership ordered a replacement unit anyway. Will be here in a week or two I was told.

They also upgraded the head unit s/w to the latest version. The on air check was saying up-to-date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts