Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 - New owner questions?

('19+) 
4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Kevin 
#1 ·
Hello, I am a new owner of the Subaru forester. I have a few questions. I know I should read the manual first, but it's thick and boring. I appreciate your help.

1, The @ button cann't be saved. The car stalls when it stops at the red light. It doesn't stall every time. When I release the break ,the engine starts again. But sometimes even I don't release the break, the engine also starts. It's kine of random. Why? I read other posts in the forum, we should hold the A button every time to stop it. I guess that's it? We cann't just disable the feature, right?

2, Climate Sync feature. Most of the time I drive alone. I don't need the passenger seat has a high temperature as my seat. I press the SYNC button so the temperature won't have to be the same. But it the SYNC keep going back on. Why?

3, How can I change the time? I go to settings to update the time, there are two ways. Auto or Manual. I chose auto but it didn't update it. I chose manual I don't see how to type the time?

This is what I want to know so far. What I like about the car:
1, I bought the subaru starlink service. I can locate my car from the phone no matter where I am. I can start the car engine and heat or unlock the door remotely. I think this is very cool.
2, They have sirius xm radio included.
3, The car play is very handy. I used iphone 7 and I can use google map on the screen to navigate. The sound quality is way better when I play the music on my phone via CarPlay than the one with bluetooth. I think the car doesn't support wireless CarPlay.
4, the car can connect to my home wi-fi. I think that's also cool. But I still need to explore what I can do with it.
5, the car windshield wiper stops in the middle when I turn off the engine. I think this can be improved by automatically moving it to the closed status before engine stops.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
1, The @ button cann't be saved. The car stalls when it stops at the red light. It doesn't stall every time. When I release the break ,the engine starts again. But sometimes even I don't release the break, the engine also starts. It's kine of random. Why? I read other posts in the forum, we should hold the A button every time to stop it. I guess that's it? We cann't just disable the feature, right?.
The engine is stopped when the car is stopped under certain conditions, including the engine being warmed up enough, the brake pedal being pressed firmly enough....

Yes, you can disable it each time you start the car with the button. That's the only way, without somehow hacking the car (i.e. fooling it to think there's a trailer hitched to it, which should disable that feature).

It's basically a feature to cut down on pollution. In the near future, all new cars will be required to have it.

#5 ·
The engine is stopped when the car is stopped under certain conditions, including the engine being warmed up enough, the brake pedal being pressed firmly enough....

Yes, you can disable it each time you start the car with the button. That's the only way, without somehow hacking the car (i.e. fooling it to think there's a trailer hitched to it, which should disable that feature).

It's basically a feature to cut down on pollution. In the near future, all new cars will be required to have it.

Important clarification: No new cars now or under present regulations in the future “will be required to have it”. It’s a decision some individual manufacturers make in order to meet their fleet mpg and emissions requirements. Not all Subaru models have it, either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Sorry, I want to edit the post but I don't see a Edit button. I want to add some additional thought.

4, the car can connect to my home wi-fi. I think that's also cool. But I still need to explore what I can do with it.
You can't do anything with it...it is considered a "future feature". You can connect to your homes WiFi and attempt an update and it will just tell you no updates available because it is not supported. save your time and energy and leave this one be:wink2:

#9 ·
1, The @ button cann't be saved. The car stalls when it stops at the red light. It doesn't stall every time. When I release the break ,the engine starts again. But sometimes even I don't release the break, the engine also starts. It's kine of random. Why? I read other posts in the forum, we should hold the A button every time to stop it. I guess that's it? We cann't just disable the feature, right?
Problem solved with this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.