Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have experience with the nameless axleback exhaust? If so, Is there pros and cons to it? Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have zero experience with the exhaust from them, but the Nameless staff and product in general all seem to be great. Personally, I just don't like the sound of an aftermarket, performance-oriented exhaust on a CVT-equipped vehicle. It just sounds funny to me. Here's a clip of the 5" Nameless on a 2.5 Forester with manual transmission. The sound is pretty good as it goes through the RPM range but don't expect that with a CVT.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
18 Posts
I just installed the Nameless 5 inch on my 19 sport. It's not bad, but deff not the same as having a normal transmission or a manual. I think it sounds good, its mostly quiet, but there is drone on the highway. In Sport #, it doesn't drone. I'll try to get a video of it this week. Since there really are no videos out there showing how it sounds with the 19.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have zero experience with the exhaust from them, but the Nameless staff and product in general all seem to be great. Personally, I just don't like the sound of an aftermarket, performance-oriented exhaust on a CVT-equipped vehicle. It just sounds funny to me. Here's a clip of the 5" Nameless on a 2.5 Forester with manual transmission. The sound is pretty good as it goes through the RPM range but don't expect that with a CVT.

Yeah I don’t expect anything to be the same from manual transmission to cvt. Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed the Nameless 5 inch on my 19 sport. It's not bad, but deff not the same as having a normal transmission or a manual. I think it sounds good, its mostly quiet, but there is drone on the highway. In Sport #, it doesn't drone. I'll try to get a video of it this week. Since there really are no videos out there showing how it sounds with the 19.
Looking forward to it. If you can, can you do a video of how it sounds while driving by and in cabin? Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
3 Posts
Please! I'm about to press buy lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Almost as loud as a stock current gen WRX. The drone is evident on the highway and low RPMs. Had it for two weeks now and my ears are getting used to it and barely notice the droning. I went with nameless cause of cost and long-standing experience with making exhausts for the Subaru brand.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
67 Posts
how does the LP Aventure axleback compare to the Nameless axleback, as far as noise level, build qaulity, drone?

I'm looking for an axleback to open up the boxer rumble but definitely dont want a loud exhaust, just subtle but noticeable.

I'm coming from a Tacoma and liked the way the TRD exhaust sounded, not loud, can really only hear it under hard acceleration... kinda looking for that for the 19 forester sport.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
279 Posts
Even back in the sixties, louder exhausts with an automatic transmission were considered dorky. I feel the same 50 years later, especially about CVTs with faux shifting. If it had a turbo to rob some energy from the exhaust, it might not be so obvious. YMMV

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
67 Posts
I agree. I’ve always thought on cars you don’t put an exhaust on anything but a manual.

However, trucks sound good with a an exhaust on an auto. And, I think the forester being an suv wouldn’t sound bad as long as it isn’t loud.. I don’t want to sound like a go cart driving down the street, but would like to have a little extra rumble when accelerating hard.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. I’ve always thought on cars you don’t put an exhaust on anything but a manual.

However, trucks sound good with a an exhaust on an auto. And, I think the forester being an suv wouldn’t sound bad as long as it isn’t loud.. I don’t want to sound like a go cart driving down the street, but would like to have a little extra rumble when accelerating hard.
True that. I also don’t want something loud. But don’t want to spend and install something that’s quiet like stock. Otherwise it’s wasted money. Just something to add a bit more fun in driving. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
18 Posts
I've been slacking. I'll try to get a video of a cold start later on and see if I can locate my gopro suction mount to get some external sound clips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does any other brand have anything for the 19 ?
russtang
I have a company here in Tampa looking into the HKS Legamax axleback exhaust for the 18 and 19 Forester. It’s a little pricey at $437 but HKS is a good company for Japanese performance parts.
I understand as well that Lachute performance also makes an axleback for $325.
This along with the K&N filter that I already have might give my “Sport” a little more sport😏
Russtang

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
537 Posts
how does the LP Aventure axleback compare to the Nameless axleback, as far as noise level, build qaulity, drone?

I'm looking for an axleback to open up the boxer rumble but definitely dont want a loud exhaust, just subtle but noticeable.

I'm coming from a Tacoma and liked the way the TRD exhaust sounded, not loud, can really only hear it under hard acceleration... kinda looking for that for the 19 forester sport.
I have the LeChute axleback. It is sporty compared to the stock muffler, but does not appear to be as loud as the nameless. I liken the Lechute to a magnaflow muffler. It is deep and throaty, not farty like the nameless sounds to me.

I am happy with the performance. No drone with this upgrade, but I also have 200 punds of Dynamat in my Sport.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
264 Posts
Well, the gopro didn't record the driving part, but here is a cold start to normal idle vid from this evening. Sorry about the cicadas, they're everywhere. May want to watch your volume if you're using headphones.
Would you be able to do one in cabin while driving normally? I don't want to deal with the drone and if it is annoying then I wouldn't want it.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
264 Posts
I have the LeChute axleback. It is sporty compared to the stock muffler, but does not appear to be as loud as the nameless. I liken the Lechute to a magnaflow muffler. It is deep and throaty, not farty like the nameless sounds to me.

I am happy with the performance. No drone with this upgrade, but I also have 200 punds of Dynamat in my Sport.
Geez, with all your added mods and weight... how much slower is your slow Forester now?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts