Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I post my experience with Gold Plus Warranty / Subaru Roadside Assistance.

My 2019 Forester had a breakdown this past weekend. Long story short, it would not start, and after several minutes of jumping the battery, it still would not start. Weather was about 15F locally.

I called Subaru's Roadside Assistance to get it towed down the road to the local Subaru dealership. SOA dispatched a local tow company. SOA sent a text to confirm vehicle location using my cellphone's GPS location and verified it with me on the phone. The text message also provided updates on when the tow truck was in route through a link to a webpage.

Tow picked up the car and dropped it to the Subaru dealership without any hassles. Due to no power, the car was put into neutral and pulled up the flatbed with the front tow hook. Dealership would look at the car on Monday since it was late Saturday afternoon right before closing.

As a result of this, I ended up renting a car from my local airport and using a Lyft to get back after returning the car. Expenses came out to be about ~$150.

Today, I called into SOA to submit the receipts for reimbursements. The SOA rep was very helpful and nice. He offered to reimburse the expenses or I could take a $250 SOA coupon towards parts/service at any Subaru dealership.

Overall, I am pleased with the roadside service from SOA. The rental car expense is covered from Gold Plus warranty ($40/day, max 200) and trip interruption covers up to $500 -- both of these benefits kick into effect when you are 50 miles away from "home"

Regarding the car breakdown, the battery died. 2nd time this has happened (voltage dropped to low over summer due to not being driven). Dealership recharged the battery for 2 hours and tested it. Found CCA to be within normal limits so they can't replace it for now. However, they said if it does die again, feel free to bring it down and they can look at it again. Vehicle is at about ~5k miles and coming up to 1 year of ownership.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure why the jump didn't start it either. Picked up the car today, and it seem fine after the battery was charged.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,586 Posts
Regarding the car breakdown, the battery died. 2nd time this has happened (voltage dropped to low over summer due to not being driven).
This sounds familiar. My neighbor is a snowbird and I watch his house and garaged 2019 Forester during the summer months. After the car sits for a month or so, the battery goes completely dead - not even dash lights. I never tried jumping the dead battery but instead I put a charger on it. Battery always fully charges. This never happened to his previous car, a Hyundai Elantra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts