Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm having some issues with my memory seat functions in my 2019 Forester. The car seems to not communicate with the memory functions at all. I am unable to program or recall position "1" or "2" , in addition the feature that moves the seat back upon entry doesn't seem to work either. I AM able to program the key fob to a certain position because the car flashes to confirm, but when using the fob to unlock, the seat doesn't move.

To me it seems like a pretty easy fix. Maybe its just one cable unplugged?? Anyone with some insight? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
203 Posts
When you are setting the memory, car must be in park (you'll hear a beep) ? You have a Touring right? There's also the driver scan which also can set the seat.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you are setting the memory, car must be in park (you'll hear a beep) ? You have a Touring right? There's also the driver scan which also can set the seat.
I've tried being in park.. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the proper steps and its an actual problem. The driver scan also doesnt work.. :-/ Back to the dealer it goes.

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
Same here, It appears memory settings on the door and Drive Focus are tied together. Either of mine work. The Driver focus memory worked for about 2 months and stopped. I have a feeling there is a module some where that is bad and both functions piggyback of it. Dealer on the 27th of this month

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any status on your problem yet?
Brining it in tomorrow .. I will keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First the paint chip on the door was getting addressed. Hopefully they take a look at the seat issues today. The salesman thought it might just need a reset but I’m not putting too much faith in his diagnosis.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
203 Posts
Hello. I'm having some issues with my memory seat functions in my 2019 Forester. The car seems to not communicate with the memory functions at all. I am unable to program or recall position "1" or "2" , in addition the feature that moves the seat back upon entry doesn't seem to work either. I AM able to program the key fob to a certain position because the car flashes to confirm, but when using the fob to unlock, the seat doesn't move.

To me it seems like a pretty easy fix. Maybe its just one cable unplugged?? Anyone with some insight? Thanks in advance!

Did this ever get resolved? Now I'm having the same issue on my Forester.

It stopped working about a week ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was given a call this morning and the technicians ran all their tests and determined I needed a “new module” and it should be ready by Tuesday. We shall see ...

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
Just as I thought. For people who have Driver Focus the memory part will not work either. I wonder what part of the car has betaken apart to get get to this module?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ll get the specifics when I go to pick it up and let everyone know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ugh. Yes the memory seat was fixed. At first I was told a bad module was the culprit.. then upon TRYING to get my Suby they told me it was a loose wire behind the radio AND a software update... Sooo I honestly don’t know what they did. I’ll TRY to get a straight answer when I drive back to the dealership to get my car. They were also supposed to fix a dent and paint chip in the door but failed to fix it properly. They promised it would be sanded and the entire door painted.. They tried to pull a fast one by ONLY filling the chip so I refused to take my car back. It’s over a two hour drive to get there and I have to go back once again! Im not off to a good start ..

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
Interesting, mine was at at the dealer all day without being touched. This was a scheduled appontment.
They said the tech had a emergency and had to leave. I guess nobody else can work on it! Subaru is failing to support their product on the back end IMO. I opened a case with SOA and will let them deal with it.

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
Ugh. Yes the memory seat was fixed. At first I was told a bad module was the culprit.. then upon TRYING to get my Suby they told me it was a loose wire behind the radio AND a software update... Sooo I honestly don’t know what they did. I’ll TRY to get a straight answer when I drive back to the dealership to get my car. They were also supposed to fix a dent and paint chip in the door but failed to fix it properly. They promised it would be sanded and the entire door painted.. They tried to pull a fast one by ONLY filling the chip so I refused to take my car back. It’s over a two hour drive to get there and I have to go back once again! Im not off to a good start ..
Thanks for your update. I would appreciate when you pick your car up if you find out exactly what they did to fix the memory seat function. SOA is working with my dealer for another attempt to look at and hopefully fix my issue

1 - 20 of 27 Posts