Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2019 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and congratulations on the forum,
I am a new owner of a 2019 Forester and I have a problem. During the confinement the car has been with the battery disconnected and now the system for positioning the seats and mirrors does not work. The car recognizes the driver but does not allow to memorize the positions of new drivers. The position memorisation buttons (1) and (2) on the doors do not work either, nor do they allow new positions to be memorized. At the moment in the workshop they have not seen any error or failure notice so they are still investigating it. Has anyone had this problem?
Thank you.
Carlos

· Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
2,027 Posts
at least for my '17, the seat position linkage to the keys, needs to be done with ignition OFF, but setting the "1" and "2" buttons can be done with engine ON. It also took me a long time to learn, you can de-link the keys by holding SET and Unlock at the same time. The manual says this only using the tiny padlock symbol, not in words.

· Registered
2019 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at least for my '17, the seat position linkage to the keys, needs to be done with ignition OFF, but setting the "1" and "2" buttons can be done with engine ON. It also took me a long time to learn, you can de-link the keys by holding SET and Unlock at the same time. The manual says this only using the tiny padlock symbol, not in words.
Thank you, I'll try it!

· Registered
2,027 Posts
sorry, I said that wrong - you de-link the keys by holding SET and Lock at the same time. It is linking you do holding SET and Unlock.

· Registered
2019 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing, I have tried with the car Off, On, Engine On and nothing. Also, I have tried to set the position of the seats and mirrors with the key as well and it does not work either.

At the dealership they are investigating it, consulting engineering, but they still don't know anything.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Best of luck, but I don't have high hopes. I have the distinct opinion that Subaru, being much smaller than Toyota, VW, GM, etc. does not have the best code writers. The electronic gadgets in my car (a long list, not just the seat memory) are definitely its weakest link, and none of my complaints have been able to be addressed. They all continue to work consistently and reliably, but their designs are dumb.

· Registered
2019 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best of luck, but I don't have high hopes. I have the distinct opinion that Subaru, being much smaller than Toyota, VW, GM, etc. does not have the best code writers. The electronic gadgets in my car (a long list, not just the seat memory) are definitely its weakest link, and none of my complaints have been able to be addressed. They all continue to work consistently and reliably, but their designs are dumb.
Thanks!

· Registered
2019 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear friends. The problem was fixed just by changing a switchboard under the seat of the driver.
The mechanics tested several things: wiring, fuses ... behind the multimedia, in the door, in the trunk. There was no error in the computer. Finally they took the switchboard of another car from the dealer and the problem was solved. I appreciate the detail because if they had ordered the switchboard from Japan it would have taken weeks, as is the matter.
Thank you for your comments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts