Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New 2019 Forester owner here. I have a premium with no fog lights. I was looking for led fog lights. I thought I saw some of the higher trim Forester's had LED fogs but the dealership is telling me they don't have an LED kit. Anyone know if one is available?

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
18 Posts
I've also been looking for something, not a fan of the big blank black panel on the Premium. The Sport has the factory rectangular LED fogs. The accessory kit add-on is just the round lights to put in the original panel, better than nothing but not as good looking as the Sport model. I've been looking at piecing together a set using the factory Sport parts, kind of expensive though.

I think the Sport parts are:
84501SJ010 left light
84501SJ000 right light
57731SJ150 left panel
57731SJ140 right panel

The accessory fog kit is:
H4510SJ000

·
Registered
2019 Forester
22 Posts
I have the '19 Premium as well. not a big fan of the fog lights on the Sport or the Limited. Just bought the fog light kit, now thinking of switching the light bulb to LEDs.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
18 Posts
I'm interested in what's all included in the 19 premium fog light kit. Wires, connectors, switch, instructions? When you get it could you post some images, it would help me out. I'm still deciding between the normal kit or build my own "kit".

·
Registered
2019 Forester
22 Posts
It has every thing to be fitted onto the car. All you need in addition is a plastic trim removal tool, a screwdriver, and perhaps a flashlight. I just did this a couple weeks ago, and will do a post when I have a bit extra time.

I'm interested in what's all included in the 19 premium fog light kit. Wires, connectors, switch, instructions? When you get it could you post some images, it would help me out. I'm still deciding between the normal kit or build my own "kit".

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
18 Posts
Thank you simonforester, I'm looking forward to seeing your write up.

I talked with my local dealer, he wouldn't match on-line prices but he did help by giving me all the part numbers that were included in the standard H4510SJ000 kit. So I ordered the Sport fog lights, sport panels, the switch, and some misc fasteners.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
36 Posts
It has every thing to be fitted onto the car. All you need in addition is a plastic trim removal tool, a screwdriver, and perhaps a flashlight. I just did this a couple weeks ago, and will do a post when I have a bit extra time.
Simon,

Did you buy the kit directly from Subaru Online? Is our car prewired for foglights and this is plug and play? How do you turn on and off the fog lights?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Can I replace my H-16 factory bulbs with H-16 LED’s
2019 limited
Don’t see why you couldn’t replace the factory H-16 bulbs for H-19 LED bulbs.
Note: Will more than likely have to attach a canbus. Car may hyperflash. Most of the kits come with one. Others sell the correct canbus as an extra

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium CVT
11 Posts
Any recommendations for brands of LED bulbs to go with? I got the fog lights in my 19 premium and I am now looking to replace the factory bulbs with some LEDs. Also is this going to be a simple swap?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Any recommendations for brands of LED bulbs to go with? I got the fog lights in my 19 premium and I am now looking to replace the factory bulbs with some LEDs. Also is this going to be a simple swap?
Diode Dynamics sells good stuff. Most of the forum will agree. Yorkim is another brand to consider as well.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Blk Edition Lineartronic CVT with X-Mode
165 Posts
I really like the Boslla LED bulbs that I use as fog light bulbs cause it allows me to change color based on the weather conditions. I had the Diode Dynamics SLFs and the Boslla's are just awesome... I love being able to select the 6500k cool white for clear nights, 4300k warm white for snowy conditions, and the 3000k yellow for rainy/foggy weather. Also offers a warning flash option but I don't think/hope I'll make use of it. You can see my YouTube video sample of the 3000k yellow here: https://youtu.be/B1l6tvt-T2s and the comparison to the DD SLFs: https://youtu.be/SOwjQCbs8mE

·
Registered
2019 Forester
22 Posts
looks like yours is the sport or limited edition? mine is the regular halogen one. I just use the switch that came in the kit H4510JS000.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
22 Posts
Hello! New 2019 Forester owner here. I have a premium with no fog lights. I was looking for led fog lights. I thought I saw some of the higher trim Forester's had LED fogs but the dealership is telling me they don't have an LED kit. Anyone know if one is available?

Thanks
Simon,

Did you buy the kit directly from Subaru Online? Is our car prewired for foglights and this is plug and play? How do you turn on and off the fog lights?

Thanks.
Hey simonforester,

When you installed your kit did you by chance get a picture or part number for the switch?

I have everything installed from my make-shift hybrid sport / premium kit but somehow purchased the wrong switch.

Thanks
Hey guys,

sorry for the late response. I basically followed the steps in the installation manual I got from my local dealer. I took pictures of the manual but they are too large to upload. If any of you still need it, pm me and I can email you.

Here're what they look like:

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester
22 Posts
Simon,

Thanks.
I bought it from my local dealer, part # H4510JS000. Yeah the car is prewired - there are pre-wired connectors inside the foglight opening (see the third pic in my other reply). The subaru foglight kit comes with a button switch to be installed in the switch panel (near the auto start/stop switch).

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
18 Posts
Since I wanted the fog LED's from the Sport on my Premium I purchased a bunch of the components. But I got the wrong switch. Anyone know what the part number is for the switch that comes with the kit? It's circled on this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Base Ice Silver Metallic
73 Posts
Thanks for the info from both of you. I am getting a Base Model soon and want to tackle the fog lights install on my own since the dealer install cost is pricey. I am okay with either set of fogs, but would like to have the matching color between the headlights & fogs meaning I will need white LEDs either way for the fogs. A few questions since I am a newbie with LEDs...

Simon - I look forward to your write up on the install. It does not sound difficult with the Subaru fog kit, but I will send you a PM for the install instructions. With this basic kit, the fog lights would be halogen (yellowish) while the headlights are LED (white), correct? Have you had any success finding an LED replacement to the fog to match the white color of the headlights? Do you think the install on the LED fog would be a simple plug & play or require additional wiring? The Fog Light Kit looks like it goes for around $220 or so online. Any approximate ideas how much the fog LEDs would go for?

Forthewife - impressive work almost getting all the parts to match the Sport LED Fogs. I like the look of this, very modern! I know you are still finalizing the switch part, but can you summarize the list of parts you needed and the approximate cost. Do you think this install is significantly more complicated than the fog kit? My guess is the answer is no, but not sure of course. Is there additional wiring needed for the sport version of the fogs?

I appreciate any additional info you both can provide. Honestly, I think many Forester buyers could benefit from each of your summaries/write-ups on your experience with the parts and the install. Thanks for all the info provided so far!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts