Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really wanting to lift my 2019 sport and looking for some advice on kits. The LP aventure kit seems like so much more $ than all of the others, but also seems to be the only one that lifts 2" in both front and rear. I just don't like the idea of the readylift only going 1.5" in the rear. Is there another kit I can look at or should I just bite the bullet on LP Aventure?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
406 Posts
Save the money because the ReadyLift works fine and allows for perfect tire alignment.

The rear lift is still a bit taller than the front, so the look is still correct.

18,000 miles, trailer towing, loaded cargo area, the rear is still taller than the front. ReadyLift remains a good purchase for me.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@RawLand Thank you! That really helps. What tires/size are you using? I plan to keep the factory wheels at least for a while.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
406 Posts
ATK02s, which fit fine with the lift. The OE Sport wheels are great, now that they are protected by the tires. No vulnerability to curbs.

When I go to Discount Tire they remember my Forester and so many of the guys comment how good the Forester looks lifted and with proper tires.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
140 Posts
I have a LP Aventure lift on my 2019 Sport. LP says the lift is designed to be used with all of the factory alignment geometry. All of the steel components and top hat spacers are made from 304 stainless steel which is plenty strong and exceptionally resistant to corrosion. Black powder coat finish looks good. The rear sub-frame riser blocks are machined from 6061 aluminium. Relatively easy to install if you do that type of stuff.

I do machine shop work for a living and all of the components are top shelf in my opinion. If I were to critique the product it would be that the aluminium components have no finish. An anodized finish would really complete the product. I am a repeat buyer of their products, lift kit, rear differential guard, and just ordered rock sliders. No complaints and would recommend.

Installed the lift and ran the stock tires for 3 months before switching to the BFG K02 255/55/18 tire.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
406 Posts
Let me put it another way:

The LP kit is great. To get the look of that extra 1/2" in back requires lowering the rear subframe from the body. The extra parts you see here accomplish that:

Keeping the rear subframe as-is allows for the lift to be only these parts:

There is a YouTube video with the ReadyLift guy that developed their Kit who explains everything above.

My conclusion was to leave the rear subframe alone and skip that last 1/2" of look. The ground clearance is the same with either kit.

Replacing the super soft OE coil springs with the RallyTek ones offers some ride height options too.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
452 Posts
There are three kits worth considering. All of these are reputable companies and will give you a quality ride with correct geometry. It really comes down to cost, installation effort and your skillset and personal goals. I will also add that my local Subaru Dealer has installed 2 lift kits and they will only install the ReadyLift system. I'm not sure what other dealers install, but it indicates there level of trust in that system.

LP Adventure kit -
ReadyLift
Primitive Racing

You already have opinions on the LP and Readylift. It is important to remember that you will get improved road clearance and cosmetic looks, but no performance improvements.

The PR kit is the only one that offers all three benefits. I installed this kit and love it. The car handles so much better and I feared that it would be a harsh ride, but not true at all. In fact I find it to be the opposite. The car actually handles better and has less roll and bounce at high speeds compared to the soft OE springs. Off road the grip is amazing and this past weekend, I was free-spinning a wheel in the air on a muddy rocky section and the car just motored ahead. It also has much less bounce and side-side roll when off-road.

The PR kit comes with King springs. The front springs are also smaller in overall diamter so this permits for better wheel clearance. No strut tower spacers at all in this kit, but like the LP kit it does include subframe spacers to correct the geometry in the rear. Installation is much harder and I had to take the struts into the dealer and have them swap the springs for me with a wall mounted compressor tooll. I tried a hand compressor and it was not powerful enough and took a long time.

The PR Kit is about the same price as LP, but definately should be in this discussion for anyone that wants to add performance in addition to looks and clearance.

I am running BFG KO2s on my winter rims. These are 17" rims and I can run larger tires for better rock hopping and cushion from curb rash. 225/65/17

You can see the full install with pics and discussion about the performance changes on a couple test drives on my modz page, starting at post #328. More related stuff and pics on page 16 and 18 too.

Stock tires pre-lift

BFG Tires post-lift. Although PR kit is advertised at 1.25" lift, you can see an effective lift of 2.25" After break-in period the lift is about 2".

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
140 Posts
Not sure about other companies, but LP Aventure lift kits pass NHTSA testing and meet FMVSS 126 standards. I have never seen a lift kit other than LP installed by a Subaru dealer when the vehicle is brand new, still on the lot and sold with the factory warranty. At least this was the case prior to the SOA directive on modifying vehicles.
FMVSS 126 - Infos

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just so you know I work service at a subaru shop and we use readylift for our cars. The alignment will not be perfect unless you buy a rear camber adjustment kit. Also your eyesight system is no longer under warranty unless you revert the lift kit. Dont get me wrong though I love lifted XV, foresters and outbacks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited by Moderator)
That's interesting. The dealer local to me only installs LP Aventure kits and offers them as a dealer add-on option. They never mentioned anything about the warranty for Eyesight though so I will have to follow up with them about that. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They never mentioned it most likely because they didnt want to lose your business to be completely blunt about it. Either that or they didnt know that the lift would effect the eyesight from not working 100% correctly. I know with our dealership we found out the hard way. If you have any warranty questions I would recommend calling Subaru of America instead of the dealership.

·
Registered
2012 Outback
6 Posts
Rallitek also offers a kit very similar to the LP Adventure, with or without sub-frame spacers, but at a lower cost for most models. - They sell the spacers w/o the sub-frame kit, as well as the sub-frame kit separately. (Just saying).

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
452 Posts
My dealer only installs the ReadyLift kit too. They have done three cars. They liked my kit, but for them it is about price point. A Readylift installed is about $1000 and pretty fast for them to do it. So, they say. I woudl agree since they don;'t have to swap springs or drop the rear subframe. I thik most DIYers can handle that kit install pretty easily.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts