Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Altima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am planning on buying a 2019 Forester Sport by the end of the summer, but I was curious as to whether I would be able to buy headlights with the LED daytime running lights from the dealer or if I would have to buy them off ebay or something. I really like the forester sport, but I think that the only thing that its missing is the LED daytime running light strips like the limited and touring trims have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I guess as an added question, how hard would it be to install the new headlights myself if I was to buy them?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
88 Posts
@RussianBear Just guessing, but you are probably looking at spending at least $2000 for the pair of headlights with the LED c shaped DRL’s. I’m pretty sure those headlights are also adaptive, so no idea if any of the wiring is compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
29 Posts
@RussianBear Just guessing, but you are probably looking at spending at least $2000 for the pair of headlights with the LED c shaped DRL’s. I’m pretty sure those headlights are also adaptive, so no idea if any of the wiring is compatible
Can confirm. The C shaped LED DRL's are integrated into the steering responsive headlights found only in the Limited and Touring models. You would have to replace the entire headlight assembly. Not sure on the wiring compatibility either.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Depends on how bad you want them. I haven't looked closely at the difference between the two.

You could look for a set in bad shape on Ebay- bake them open and see if you can remove the C shaped LED and transfer to your headlights. Then you's just need to play with wiring them.

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Altima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wiring is what I am worried about, I could probably buy some used ones for a decent price, but if the wiring isn't compatible, then it would be pointless.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,843 Posts
These types of "halo rings" will usually require you to be able to pull the lamp housing apart - by heating along the seam of the clear lens and the back section. Then you (usually) attach the halo ring to the housing and glue the whole thing back together.

From the listing -

Installation Tips:
1.This installation require bake and open the headlight lamps
2.Due to the fact that this product requires adhesive applications, such as using glue or double sided tape
3.We highly recommend professional installation for this product

1 - 9 of 9 Posts