Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring paddled CVT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any advice on good leather protector liquids/sprays/etc for new leather seats? Or just leave them as is? Thanks

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS AT
25 Posts
Meguiar's has a wipe, like a baby wipe, that is categorized as a cleaner/conditioner. Easy and quick to apply. Great to have handy when you get dirt or a spill on your seats. You should find it at Wal-Mart or an auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,208 Posts
Its plastic coated leather as far as I know. 303 if anything. Keep clean with soap and water (read instructions)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
49 Posts
Yes, all car seat leather is coated/treated for protection. So don't use true leather cleaner. I like Meguiar's products, I have their leather spray, console spray and glass spray which I also use on the exterior paint and wheels.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
790 Posts
Subaru TSB 12-199-16 from 2016 recommends the leather master line of products from Leatherworld Technologies for removal of dye transfer stains on leather car seats (from wet new blue jeans, etc).

The company has several other products for treatment/cleaning/repair/protection of leather. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
162 Posts
303 Aerospace Protectant is what I use on the coated leather seats in my '07 F150, I like it, been using it since purchase in 2009. Truck is parked in a carport.

·
SeasonedStalker
2017 XT Touring in CBS HT CVT
313 Posts
Plus 1 on lexol cleaner and conditioner. I bought them in bulk put them in my own spray bottles and they've been working awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Aerospace 303 is what you want. UV protestant, non-greasy, and stain resistant.

Don't use leather conditioners or cleaners, as modern seats are not traditional full-grain leather, but moreso a coated vinyl that will not absorb any moisturizer or conditioner. If you DO use a conditioning spray, all it will do is leave a film on the surface that will attract dust, dirt, and debris that will abrade the seats over time and actually cause more wear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts