Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2019 jasper green Forester earlier this month to replace my 2010 Honda Accord V6 that was a writeoff due to hydroplane accident.

Premium package & all weather package and the jasper green color is what I want and one of the local dealer had one on the lot that has all that plus cargo mat, bumper lip cover.

Nice car!

Only issue I have is the AS&S not staying off every time I start the car and the radio playing again every time I start the car even after shutting it off before shutting the car down.
Only way I have found to get around this is to turn the volume down to 0.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
apparently the as/s is very picky on when itll shut off.
Only if the engine is warmed up n so on type stuff. not much of a problem, but more of how its programed and what we expect

radio seems to be an issue tho, theres a 19 foz problem thread that seems to have that being mentioned a few times.

edit: welcome to the forum! first post! my purchase for the 29 is pending insurance claim as well.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
98 Posts
apparently the as/s is very picky on when itll shut off.
Only if the engine is warmed up n so on type stuff. not much of a problem, but more of how its programed and what we expect

radio seems to be an issue tho, theres a 19 foz problem thread that seems to have that being mentioned a few times.

edit: welcome to the forum! first post! my purchase for the 29 is pending insurance claim as well.
If you're handy, there's a thread on this site for a mod that bypasses the auto stop/start. As for the radio, set a preset to Satellite channel 0. It's a silent channel that only displays your subscription info. There isn't any way to have it power up with the radio off, but at least it will be silent.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring Jasper Green
44 Posts
Hold the volume button down for 3 seconds and that should keep the radio from turning on next time.

Fellow Jasper! woot!!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
344 Posts
Hold the volume button down for 3 seconds and that should keep the radio from turning on next time.

Fellow Jasper! woot!!
Isn't it quicker to just turn the volume to zero? Turning the radio down before exiting was standard procedure when mechanical controls were the norm. And yes, I am dating myself.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring Jasper Green
44 Posts
Isn't it quicker to just turn the volume to zero? Turning the radio down before exiting was standard procedure when mechanical controls were the norm. And yes, I am dating myself.
Yes but it is still on. If that matters. Draws some power during startup (and the battery is supposed to be weak).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts