Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Brand new to Subaru and just purchased a 2019 Forester Touring which I love. :) When looking at Subarus I had also tested the Ascent Touring and really like the Front Parking Sensors and Camera. Does anyone recommend aftermarket of better yet Subaru OEM for Front Parking Sensors and Camera? Also, the Ascent has a Backup Camera built into the Rear View Mirror. Is there a way for me to get that Rear View Mirror installed in place of the one I have. I have a large dog that is in Cargo Area most of the time and he really blocks the Rear View Mirror and I only see the backup camera when I am in reverse. :)

Essentially, I am looking for the same functionality that the Ascent has with Front Parking Sensors and Camera as well as the Rear View Mirror that displays Rear Camers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
43 Posts
@Yehudah My 2019 Sport grill looks like it has a cutout with the filler installed where the camera would go. I doubt it would be an easy retrofit if later years get that feature.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
162 Posts
I have a large dog that is in Cargo Area most of the time and he really blocks the Rear View Mirror and I only see the backup camera when I am in reverse. :)

Thanks!
Welcome

I recall seeing something about a way to be able to use rear camera besides just in reverse, but display was still on dash. Maybe it was here somewhere?

I have a aftermarket rear camera for my pickup that I rigged for temporary use like when pulling trailer, display is on a suction cup mount, I can use it any time. Best I know of at present.

Be a trick if some one came up with a overhead mirror to mount / stick on roof just ahead of moon roof, you could slide blind back and see over the roof back? Or a wide view periscope?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts