Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 2019 Forester Premium last week and haven't been able to sync the phonebook; in fact the option is greyed out on the infotainment screen. I am connecting my phone via USB cable/Android Auto. It recognizes my phone, I can make/receive calls, and voice-activated calling works. I've deleted my phone from the car and reconnected it to no avail. I'm using a Galaxy S7.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a new 2019 Subaru Forester Premium, when connecting my phones via Bluetooth the phonebook/contacts do not download, I contacted Subaru America direct and received the following response from one of their Customer Service Reps::: I was just made aware that we have a software update coming out by the end of this month that should address the loss of the phonebook download. Once it is available we will let you know so you may perform the update and correct this concern.:::

Update 9/4/19...
I just heard from Subaru of America... there was a software update for the head-unit released on 8/21 which should address the problem of the address book/contacts not downloading during Bluetooth sync... I have an appointment with my dealer on 9/10 to have the update done... will let you know if it works!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I picked up my new 2019 Forester Premium last week and haven't been able to sync the phonebook; in fact the option is greyed out on the infotainment screen. I am connecting my phone via USB cable/Android Auto. It recognizes my phone, I can make/receive calls, and voice-activated calling works. I've deleted my phone from the car and reconnected it to no avail. I'm using a Galaxy S7.

Any ideas?
Rebooting your Starlink/i.e. bluetooth radio so that your phonebook and messages are recognized.
1. Turn on Starlink/home unit
2. Press your home button (little house shaped button)
3. Press Settings on your homescreen. (App box with Grey circle and gears)
4.Press General on the bottom of the screens choices.
5. Scroll down on the right hand side of the screen to the very bottom of choices. Second from the last choice is "Factory Data Reset". Push this and the Starlink system will reboot.
6. Reload your phone via bluetooth and it may take a few minutes but at this point it should load all your phone information.

I hope this works for you all. It took us a long time to find the solution but it has been working great ever since!!
Let me know if it works or if you have other questions.
GOOD LUCK!

https://www.subaruforester.org/posts/7574313/bookmark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find the fix to this.

1) Disconnected my phone from AA.
2) Made sure I was connected via Bluetooth only.
3) Home > Settings > Phone.
4) There was slide bar for "import phonebook". It was turned off so I enabled it, then reconnected the phone with AA and my phonebook imported properly. If you go into this screen while connected to AA and try to change the "import phonebook" slider it'll tell you it can't be done and that you must connect via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebooting your Starlink/i.e. bluetooth radio so that your phonebook and messages are recognized.
1. Turn on Starlink/home unit
2. Press your home button (little house shaped button)
3. Press Settings on your homescreen. (App box with Grey circle and gears)
4.Press General on the bottom of the screens choices.
5. Scroll down on the right hand side of the screen to the very bottom of choices. Second from the last choice is "Factory Data Reset". Push this and the Starlink system will reboot.
6. Reload your phone via bluetooth and it may take a few minutes but at this point it should load all your phone information.

I hope this works for you all. It took us a long time to find the solution but it has been working great ever since!!
Let me know if it works or if you have other questions.
GOOD LUCK!

https://www.subaruforester.org/posts/7574313/bookmark
I did wind up doing the Factory Data Reset as well because my entire infotainment system was buggy and slow. I had driven a 2019 Forster as a loaner before I purchased mine and the infotainment system on that car was fantastic so I knew something was fishy with my car. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope this helps with the bugs. I have heard you have to do it every now and then when the head unit gets testy again. Hopefully that's every few months not weekly. Glad it helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Forestadventures
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing