Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no idea how this initiated, assume I bumped a button by accident (I wasn’t trying to set anything, just started My parked car and this Message was there).
Message is:
”Pull and hold “i/SET switch” for menu”

I’m on a road trip and this is going to drive me crazy!
Anybody know how I can escape from this? Need something like Cancel Setting mode.

it Doesn’t go away even after I turn off car and restart. Seems to think I want to change warning beep volumes (I don’t).

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is from the three levers on the lower left steering wheel. Just tap one of the levers that is not the center one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, just went out and tried that - that gave me a different menu with a diagram and kPa text inside a rectangle. Back soon, packing car to get back on road

·
Registered
41 Posts
The screen between the tag and speedo are controlled by the 3 button under the left side of the steering wheel, the panel on top of the radio is controlled by the "info" button.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It won't hurt anything by being on. It's just the way you get into the menu system. There are 2 menus, I also have a 2019 Touring. Make sure both are off the setting screen. Because if both are on neither will work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope, just went out and tried that - that gave me a different menu with a diagram and kPa text inside a rectangle. Back soon, packing car to get back on road
The screen you're talking about shows your tire pressure on each tire. So much better than an idiot light that comes on but does not tell you which tire needs attention. :D

The up/down buttons on either side of the "i" button at the lower left of the steering wheel cycle through the various screens that your center screen between the tachometer and speedometer can display. That lets you customize what that center screen shows. When you get to the screen that you are seeing, you can press and hold the middle "i" button to open up a series of setting menus. For example, you can change the Kpa setting for your tire pressure screen to show Psi instead. Use the up/down buttons to cycle through the menus and use the "i" button to select a choice. At the bottom of each menu is "Go Back" to return to a previous screen. Eventually, you get back to the "Press/Hold" screen and then you can just use the up/down buttons to select the screen display of your choice.

And if you're REALLY feeling adventurous, press the "Info" button on the steering wheel numerous times to cycle your secondary screen displays above the big screen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keep pressing the top or bottom button until you get to the digital speedometer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The screen you're talking about shows your tire pressure on each tire. So much better than an idiot light that comes on but does not tell you which tire needs attention. :D

The up/down buttons on either side of the "i" button at the lower left of the steering wheel cycle through the various screens that your center screen between the tachometer and speedometer can display. That lets you customize what that center screen shows. When you get to the screen that you are seeing, you can press and hold the middle "i" button to open up a series of setting menus. For example, you can change the Kpa setting for your tire pressure screen to show Psi instead. Use the up/down buttons to cycle through the menus and use the "i" button to select a choice. At the bottom of each menu is "Go Back" to return to a previous screen. Eventually, you get back to the "Press/Hold" screen and then you can just use the up/down buttons to select the screen display of your choice.

And if you're REALLY feeling adventurous, press the "Info" button on the steering wheel numerous times to cycle your secondary screen displays above the big screen.
Thank you - but all I can say is ARGHHH! So confusing. I'm still working on studying basic things. Luckily for me, my flailing attempts and button pushing and pulling ended in the weird icons disappearing! I'll come back to this sometime in the future. For now, I'm happy to report that I'm now back from my 800 mile road trip and my car "did good". Loved the Adaptive Cruise Control on open highway ( 75 mph speed limit and lots of huge trucks and idiots wanting to drive 85 mph)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep pressing the top or bottom button until you get to the digital speedometer.
I did try again (at a rest stop, seems like I had to use the left button, bcz the right one didn't get rid of the message. Sorry to be incoherent about this, but I tried so many things I'm not sure which finally worked. If there were a place to keep a pen and paper handy I might have taken notes, LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

OH, the INFO button -- that one I'm good with, more choices than I really need. Sometimes I wish there were an "OFF" choice! feel like I'm in a flight training simulator or am playing a video game

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Makalii7
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing