Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Automatic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I just got a P303 code. Did not know what it was until I brought it to my mechanic. I own a 2019 Forester Sport. I have no idea how to fix this so will be going for a service.

This should be covered in the warranty right? how bad is it if I let my mechanic fix it?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Today, I just got a P303 code. Did not know what it was until I brought it to my mechanic. I own a 2019 Forester Sport. I have no idea how to fix this so will be going for a service.

This should be covered in the warranty right? how bad is it if I let my mechanic fix it?
You are under warranty. Take to dealer and have it fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. Driving for 1-2 days shouldnt be an issue right? Since tomorrow is Sunday most service places arent open

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited A/T
118 Posts
I just had a P0302 code fixed. Mine was 2nd cylinder and your code refers to the 3rd cylinder.
The culprit was the coil ignition shorted and the spark plug fouled for the 2nd cylinder. They replaced all the spark plugs and changed the coil ignition #2 and wire set. Dealer changed just under $500.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X and XT Manual and Auto
942 Posts
Thank you guys. Driving for 1-2 days shouldnt be an issue right? Since tomorrow is Sunday most service places arent open
I had this dilemma once. Available advice pretty much all points to "No!! Don't do it!".

That said i limped home about an hour once with a clear constant misfire and was ok, but this was a beater car and i knew why it was misfiring. I was willing to risk it. On a 2019 under warranty? That's alot to risk.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,453 Posts

It is a brand new 2019 under FULL WARRANTY...why would you even think that it would not be covered and that your local dealer isn't equipped to deal with your issue? Is this your first car purchase?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone has had any issues where they a cylinder misfire at start up.

I had a misfire late last year (at the time I didn't know, and all the lights were on including EyeSight, RAB were disabled) but when I took it to the service, they weren't able to find anything and nothing was repaired. Today I just saw all the lights on again and I have a feeling is either the same issue either the same or different cylinder.

Can anyone relate? or have any similar experience in how to deal with this?

Thank you for your help!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,213 Posts
Should be a code the dealer should fix unless incompetent

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,744 Posts
+1 Take it to the dealer. You paid a lot for your car to be covered under warranty Use it.

In case you are unsure, a warranty means Subaru will cover the cost of the diagnostics and work to remedy the problem. They usually should give you a courtesy car for the period you are without your vehicle.

Some states have Lemon Laws that might be of interest

Misfire codes can be due to many things such as: Ignition (Coil, spark plug), Fuelling (Fuel injector or fuel pressure etc), Compression (valve issue, piston ring issue etc) or down to knock or headgasket failure introducing oil and or coolant into the combustion cylinders - And probably many other reasons that don't come to mind right now

It would be wise to document the problem in case this becomes an ongoing intermittent fault.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@TMX Thanks for the reply! an update on this is that they still haven't found anything when running the diagnostics but the mechanic order new fuel injector to replace the current one. Not sure if that is the whole issue and hopefully it solves this annoying problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts