Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Forester Limited and need to remove the storage cubby to mount a mobile ham radio. I will mount a RAM Mount ball joint into the cubby then re-insert back into the head unit. Does anyone know how to remove the cubby?

This was easy to do for my 2016 Forester where you just pulled the two trim pieces on either side of the cubby then pried it out, but the 2019 has a different configuration so I would appreciate any tips from someone who has done this before. The picture below shows what I'm trying to do.

·
What?
2019 Forester Premium CVT
7 Posts
I am planning a Yaesu FT-7900 install in my 2019 Forester..... I hope to put the radio unit outboard (to the left of the fan, in this right hand drive car) behind the dash and glove box. Pictures of the space and holding the radio in the space below.

Hope to mount the antenna above the cabin light - picture attached --- but still considering how to get the antenna cable there????? Can I get up the B pillar?

Any ideas or comments appreciated!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,739 Posts
Most vehicle A & B pillar trim can be removed to run cables so you should be able to get the antenna up there somehow. Not sure if there is cable access at the inside top of the B pillar though. If you can't get the cable directly across the ceiling from the B pillar you may find you can run it up the A pillar and then tuck it in at the front of the ceiling panel nearest the top of the windscreen and from the centre run it it back towards the cabin light.

A set of trim removal tools will be handy; most auto parts stores will have them.

·
What?
2019 Forester Premium CVT
7 Posts
Your thought was correct - no access at the top of the B pillar to inside the pillar. I ws able to bring the cable over the top from the light and down the pillar under the trim. I think it will all work out. Will post pictures when complete. Thanks for the hints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts