Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a picture of under the hood ? I need to know how to remove the "cowling" or cover over the washer hose that runs along the top of the fender and to the back wiper. Hose has been cut by rodents and I have to remove the cover to get to the damage. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
324 Posts
Here is a link to the parts diagram including that part. Hopefully it is a start. If there is something specific you need a photo of, I would be happy to take a picture.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,605 Posts
Don't if this applies, but this happened to my out of warranty 2013 Nissan Leaf, I took it into the dealer and they fixed it free of charge. In some cases, I have also heard for other vehicles, your car insurance should cover the cost of the repairs......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't if this applies, but this happened to my out of warranty 2013 Nissan Leaf, I took it into the dealer and they fixed it free of charge. In some cases, I have also heard for other vehicles, your car insurance should cover the cost of the repairs......
It's a 2019 with 2,000 miles - the dealer told me to take it to the insurance company - I am disappointed. They said they'd check out the wiring for $115/hr, which I declined since there's only the hose damage. I'm a new Subaru owner and really like it but I had hoped for more from a dealer. Thanks for the info. Joe

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
:unsure: Do you really expect Subaru warranty coverage against rodents?

I would not nickle and dime your insurance (affecting possibly your payment ) coverage for some chewed hose that you can purchase for well less than $10 at your FLAPS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts