Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to delete a driver profile on my 2019 Forester. I can't find any way to do this, either in the on-screen menus, or in the hard-copy manuals. Any tips?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was finally able to do this by first covering my head or looking the other way while starting the ignition (so it wouldn't recognize me). Then, when I turned the ignition off, it said my driver profile wasn't recognized and asked if I wanted to add it. I said YES.

This got me into a confusing tree of choices which, however, eventually allowed me to select the driver registration system. I then selected the option to "delete all profiles".

Now, every time I turn off the ignition, the car asks me if I want to register my driver profile. I simply ignore this question.

The reason I wanted to do this, btw, is because I want to see the gas mileage (fuel efficiency) since the last time I filled up. I routinely reset the trip odometer at each fill-up, but if the driver registration system recognizes me, it insists on showing me my average gas mileage for the entire time I've owned the car, and it allows me no option to see short-term gas mileage.

The fact that I'm the only driver of this car also lets me get away without having it recognize me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The reason I wanted to do this, btw, is because I want to see the gas mileage (fuel efficiency) since the last time I filled up. I routinely reset the trip odometer at each fill-up, but if the driver registration system recognizes me, it insists on showing me my average gas mileage for the entire time I've owned the car, and it allows me no option to see short-term gas mileage.

The fact that I'm the only driver of this car also lets me get away without having it recognize me.
Am I missing something? Can't you see this in the Combination Meter in the dash? This is from the manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I assume you have a 2019 Touring? That's what I have and my system doesn't work that way. The info screen I get is whatever it was set to when I turned the car off. Plus there's a trip odometer a and b. I usually reset the odometer b at the start of the month and use the A system for fillups.

BTW, driver profile is set, deleted, controlled, by going into the menu of the upper info screen (the one controlled by the info button), start the car, do not take it out of park, go into the menu system for that screen, the 2nd option on the list is the Driver Recognition System.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@gumbobtr: You're right, the fuel efficiency can be seen in the way you describe, but I've chosen to keep this display on my current speed, and show the mileage / miles left in the top centre display.

@dmarcus48: Yes, I do have a 2019 Touring. When I had a driver profile registered in the system — and when the car recognized me (this only happened about half the time, fwiw) — the mileage display (top centre) would always show what was basically an average lifetime fuel economy, and pushing the trip odometer button would not change the fuel economy display. Now that I've deleted my driver profile, the trip odometer A/B fuel economy display does work. I found a brief mention of this behaviour in the manuals, but overall the manuals did not seem to explain the various display options very completely or accurately. And thanks for explaining another, probably easier way to get to the driver recognition system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually I was thinking (wrongly) that this was part of the driver distraction piece. I just happened across a youtube video talking about the driver profile (and I saw I was completely wrong)! I've been wanting to change that background since day one. Now I see that this resides under Setting, General, Driver profile.

So, you deleted your profile and are you now using the default profile? And you were seeing the info screen that shows the instant mpg and the overall mpg (I think you're right and it's a average lifetime gas mileage?

My driver recognition works 98% of the time, it mostly recognizes me except if its very sunny and my sunroof shade is open. But the profile isn't attached to the driver recognition is it? I think the driver profile is activated by your phones bt connection. (I could be wrong).

Because there's also the recognition part that holds the settings for the seat and mirrors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the top centre screen, I see the gas mileage since trip odometer "A" was reset (i.e., since I last filled up), plus the instantaneous MPG bar underneath. I'm doing everything based on the default profile — which is fine by me because I'm the only person who ever drives this car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts