Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one turn off the parking lights on a 2019? I was in the woods the other day and for the life of me couldn't turn all the lights off!! I tried every combination of the stalk and either the fog lights, parking lights, or some combination thereof stayed on no matter what! Feel like an idiot and I did RTFM.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Umm, you have to just turn it off. Not on auto but off.
Also, a quick read of the manual may be in order.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
167 Posts
@mateommm Are you talking about the Daytime Running Lights, DRL's?

This is from the manual.

The daytime running lights will automatically illuminate when the following conditions are fulfilled.
  • . The engine is running.
  • . The parking brake is fully released.
  • . The light control switch is in the “AUTO”, “ ” or off position..
  • The select lever is in a position other than the “P” position.
And yes, this is a hot topic. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm, you have to just turn it off. Not on auto but off.
Also, a quick read of the manual may be in order.
Ummm, a quick read of my op may be in order but thanks for the fine advice.

@gumbobtr Thanks! It might be the DRL. I'm pretty sure I was in P. Will have to run through the scenerios. But point being, not a single position seemed to cease all illumination of light from this car -- had to turn the damn thing off.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
167 Posts
@gumbobtr Thanks! It might be the DRL. I'm pretty sure I was in P. Will have to run through the scenerios. But point being, not a single position seemed to cease all illumination of light from this car -- had to turn the damn thing off.
[/QUOTE]

Good luck with getting to the bottom of it but I do believe that this is one of those love/hate features.

If your trim level has the LED boomerang DRL's these will be on. If you do not have the LED DRL's I think you low beams will be but at a lower level than typical low beams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts