Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,442 Posts
Spray it off. If you want to give the top more love (and you have a sunroof) ... open the sunroof and stand up in the back.

If not, a little 3 stepper...ther have then for little kids

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium
23 Posts
I have always had taller vehicles than my Forester and just use my battery powered leaf blower on 95% of the vehicle. It works like a charm, especially on door seams, lighting modules, and rear hatches. Any drops left I use a microfiber towel but seldom need one actually. It dries my car in 1/3 the time.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i MT
288 Posts
Not sure how you are washing, but since you only asked about drying, I have a large old cotton bath towel that I throw across the roof and than drag it back.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,301 Posts
I use a 3-step step-stool that I fold up and store in a closet. Since I also use it inside, I make sure to wipe it off thoroughly after I'm done washing the car.

Mike

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
263 Posts
I tell my wife to make sure she gets all the water off the top when she's done washing it.

NOT! LOL

I have a 24-inch square chamois and spread it out and walk it from front to back. Then I gently take my big cotton towel over it, and voila!

I like the suggestions of the small rubber steps, too.

·
Registered
18' 2.5 Premium 6MT
156 Posts
Open the sunroof and stand on the drivers seat. Or the top of the rear wheels are a good step as well, I use these when loading my cargo basket.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring Automatic
7 Posts
One lesson I learned the hard way many yrs back is that:

~ If you DO lean up against the vehicle to toss a chamois, bath towel or fiber cloth across the roof ... and you will come into contact, no matter how 'careful' you try to be... make sure you are NOT wearing a belt buckle or have anything sticking our of your pockets that WILL scratch the doors and/or windows!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
263 Posts
One lesson I learned the hard way many yrs back is that:

~ If you DO lean up against the vehicle to toss a chamois, bath towel or fiber cloth across the roof ... and you will come into contact, no matter how 'careful' you try to be... make sure you are NOT wearing a belt buckle or have anything sticking our of your pockets that WILL scratch the doors and/or windows!
Thanks for posting this. I forgot to mention it in my previous post and came back to add it. You beat me to it! LOL

I have an old pair of sweat pants I wear when I wash the Forester so I don't scratch the doors.

·
Super Duper Moderator
2,352 Posts
To reach the roof for the back half of the Forester. I stand on top of the rear tire. It is a natural foot hold. Even being lowered, there's "just" enough space to get the toe of my shoes in.**

For the front portion, I step in side the open doors. No need to open the sunroof and potentially drain water into the chassis...

**Make sure your belt buckle doesn't hit the car side to scratch it...

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i
59 Posts
I keep my car washing supplies in an old plastic milk crate. When I wash the car, I flip it over and stand on it. That gives me just enough to reach the middle. I've got another with things we take kayaking. Standing on that one makes it easier to load them up top and strap them down.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts