Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Touring - Draw Tite #76271 2" hitch and Thule T2 Classic bike rack install.

Even though I'm an avid DIYer, I elected to purchase and have the hitch installed by U-Haul since I did not have a good way to raise the car. The price was the same as elsewhere and they only charged $30 for installation and gave it a lifetime guarantee. With tax and installation, I paid $185. I bought the bike rack online.

Very happy with the results and with the rigidity and stability of the bikes going down the road. I cut 1/2" off the top of the front-most plastic bike wheel cup since it touched the bumper when the bike rack is folded up.

With or without bikes loaded, I still have a usable but reduced view from the rear camera. As for the Reverse Automatic Braking system, it detects the obstruction and disables itself while bikes are loaded or the rack is stowed vertically. When the bike rack is removed, it operates normally again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is my 2019 Sport. DrawTite Hitch.

Did not have to raise the vehicle to install. Have to cut heat shield but that's easy.

Install in 90 minutes without help. I already owned the exhaust hanger removal tool so the install was very easy. With 2 people, I think 30-45 minutes is doable.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts