Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 Forester Touring with Reverse Automatic Braking. Purchased the OEM hitch and had it dealer installed. Also purchased the Thule bike carrier from the dealer which I inserted into the hitch and secured with the included bolt and lock.

When shifting to Reverse, no bikes on the carrier, sometimes RAB and the Proximity alert will switch off but not always. Prior to purchasing the hitch and bike rack I called Subaru customer service and asked if the hitch and rack would compromise any of the systems and I was assured that they would not. Also just noted referencing the rear Subaru logo the carrier is not dead center which would indicate the hitch is not dead center. Any thoughts please.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
33 Posts
I have a Subaru hitch and Yakima bike rack. Whenever the bike rack is installed I always get an annoying “BEEEEEEP!!!” alarm while in reverse.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Most likely because of the way you worded your question. It doesn't compromise the systems, but to expect rear sensors not to be triggered by a rack in the hitch is silly. it does on any vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
69 Posts
Also just noted referencing the rear Subaru logo the carrier is not dead center which would indicate the hitch is not dead center. Any thoughts please.
Be sure you are looking at the hitch itself and not the bike carrier for alignment. Thule platform carriers allow shifting the platforms left and right to keep the bikes from contacting each other. On my Thule carrier, I have the front most platform shifted a couple inches left, and the rear platform shifted a couple inches right. This keeps the handlebars of one bike from contacting the seat of the other bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts