Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Regarding the “auto“ setting for headlights on a 2019 Forester- is this the right setting to use or should I use the manual setting? Reading all types of opinions. Additionally read that some recommend changing the setting of “when the headlights turn on according to dusk or darkness” many say change to mid or Max? I do not have the automatic headlights. Sorry if this is confusing. Apologies if I posted this previously in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
353 Posts
@cstraznitskas It's really personal preference. I generally like auto. Set and forget.

The only possible downside I see is when driving a sparsely traveled country road. I find the auto system too slow for my liking in restoring high beams after dimming them for an approaching car. Also, the system is very conservative and at times needlessly dims the high beam. I switch to manual for those times so I can control the high beams myself.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,586 Posts
The auto setting is a drain on your battery because the headlights remain on for a short time after you exit the car and again upon unlocking the car (welcome lighting).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts