Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not a dealer or ??? but I would think that dealers would want to do fixes for "factory problems" since I assume they get paid for warranty type work and I assume they make money on warranty work. I'm sure you are correct that very few people know about the issue and the upgrade - I probably just want to live in a world where companies want to do the right thing as well as making money on it

·
Registered
66 Posts
The thing is, if I didn't know to ask about updates for the head unit, I would be very unhappy with the issues and think that Subaru makes crappy vehicles and not buy another. Subaru should want the fixes always applied.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else had problems doing the update, I always get "USB authentication was unsuccessful".
I've tried a couple of different USBs - Sandisk, Noname and Kingston. I've tried NTFS and FAT32. I've tried 8GB, 32GB and 128GB. Tried with the car running and with only ignition on. Tried all 3 versions BASE, MID and HIGH.
My version is listed on the PDF as one that should update Rel4.18.11.50, its the 8in Forester Sport. Its the Canadian model that is imported to Israel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone know why we don't have the equalizer to make changes to the settings for the harmon system? I have HK in my BMW and we are able to adjust the settings.

01440448813.jpeg.jpg
01440448815.jpeg.jpg

81 - 84 of 84 Posts