Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Glad it is working out for most people. Gumbobtr it looks like an error in the listing. I don;t think teh Touring comes with any options. It should have the 8" Nav display with HK system. No other options are available from what the website shows.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Glad it is working out for most people. Gumbobtr it looks like an error in the listing. I don;t think teh Touring comes with any options. It should have the 8" Nav display with HK system. No other options are available from what the website shows.
Yes Scott, and I see that even ordering the part listed for touring it shows the HU without NAV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey folks, not sure if you are all aware, but there was a new software update released last week. You can follow the instructions on the bulletin to download the file from Subarunet.com. Appendix A details all the updates for this software version.

Be sure to download the correct file. There is one for Gen 3.1 Base (4 speaker), Mid (Premium 6 speaker) and High (HK 9 speaker).

I downloaded tonight and will upload and try it out in the morning.

Attaching bulletin.
Will this update itself if I'm connected to Wi-Fi? My car checks every morning but says I'm up to date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The update worked perfect for me with one exception...... on the SXM screen "Scan" did not change to "Tune Scan" it remained unchanged at "Scan" The system info confirmed the update version and everything works perfectly .... no more lost FM stations !!. Many thanks to Sdcerreta for posting the files and instructions. Did anyone else have the "Scan" button in SXM remain unchanged after the update?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 2019 premium with stock unit. No nav. Is this just a nav update or for all headunit it’s and what if any features are updated

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
All the info you need is in post #1 attachment. Once you determine which file you need you can download it. All the stuff in the update is listed in the appendix of that file in post#1.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No. Not for me. It took about 8 minutes maybe 10. That’s for the installation of the software. Then you have to perform several hard reboot which takes another 15 minutes collectively. You do not need the car running for that period of time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just completed the install successfully had to format the USB as FAT32 using a PC with WIN 10. Initially tried Linux machine and had problem getting head unit to recognize the USB that was formatted on the Linux system.
Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer. Saved at least half a day that I can enjoy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The touring has the high sound system standard.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Something I’ve noticed since the most recent update in my Touring model with NAV... certain roads that used to display the posted speed limit in the earlier version no longer do so.

It’s no biggie, but just a bit odd. Otherwise, everything has been working well under the new update...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Found this thread thru. a Google search and wish to thank OP and others for the information about the software updates :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updated and worked flawlessly! Downloaded patch to thumb drive, started up the car and installed in about 5/6 minutes. Thank you!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something I’ve noticed since the most recent update in my Touring model with NAV... certain roads that used to display the posted speed limit in the earlier version no longer do so.
Same here.

Edited to note that today I find that the map is not showing location at all, and any attempt to navigate to any address shows "Route Calculation Unsuccessful."

In addition, the display at top of center of dashboard no longer shows street name, only compass direction.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Same here.

Edited to note that today I find that the map is not showing location at all, and any attempt to navigate to any address shows "Route Calculation Unsuccessful."

In addition, the display at top of center of dashboard no longer shows street name, only compass direction.
I’ll check my system to see if it mimics yours and post the results here later...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Same here.

I’ve checked out my NAV system to see if I have the same behavior described above after the latest update.

I’m not seeing any of the issues listed. Street names show, and the NAV system calculates routes in my 2019 Forester.

Perhaps the update in your vehicle didn’t complete successfully...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve checked out my NAV system to see if I have the same behavior described above after the latest update.

I’m not seeing any of the issues listed. Street names show, and the NAV system calculates routes in my 2019 Forester.

Perhaps the update in your vehicle didn’t complete successfully...
Thanks FelineFreddie. Yes, as it turns out, I had to reinstall the update and it seems to be working properly since the reinstall was completed. I just hope it won't require periodic reinstallations.

But thanks again for following up on it.:)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
28 Participants
FelineFreddie
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing