Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Touring I'm trying to find a switched power source that I can access in the roof console.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I finally got my radar detector hard wired in! Only took me 4 months to do it!

First of all THANKS, someone (I don't remember who) helped me get the overhead console off. then it was just a matter of finding a power supply that is controlled with the key (push button).

I have it mounted just to the left of the windshields shaded area, eyesight is fine, I may try an under the mirror mount, but I kind of like it to the left, that way my head blocks anyone from seeing the lights from behind.

Anyway, THANKS guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found it hard to find a solid ground and power source up in that area. I have the 2019 Touring and bought the mirrortap kit with my Uniden R3, but it seems like the voltages were off or there is a bad ground up there. The autodimming mirror is sealed up, and I couldn't figure out how to crack it open without breaking it.

All the electronics work up top, but I couldn't get a consistent reading on my voltmeter anywhere. I ended up hardwiring the RD all the way back through back to the fuse panel and just piggybacked off the 12V cigarette lighter. Installing was actually not so difficult. Most of the panels just pop right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts