Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rarely this happens. But today when I was fueling up, the pump handle wont stop / disengage when my tank was full.

I tried to stop it with much effort. Trying to disengage the lever which was stuck open.

Some fuel came out. Touched the paint and plastic. That dont worry me.

The one thing that worries me up is the EVAP canister must be filled with fuel.

What should I do?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Talk to station owner to complain, call weights and measures that certifies the pumps in your county, call local air pollution control district,,, talk to a couple service advisors, .maybe an independent shop, too, to see if they advise doing anything-
other.than drive down the gas level.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
723 Posts
I had this happen and around a half gallon spewed. Soaked my foot and sandal in one of those slow motion really! moments that seem to take forever to resolve.

There were no ill effects to the car as far as I can tell. I did not think about the evap cannister. This was about five tank fills ago.

Station attendant was surprisingly indifferent to the problem and the sizeable gas puddle left behind. Must be a frequent occurrence at this place.

·
Registered
1999 "L" - 231,000 mi. AT
702 Posts
I'd drive it far enough to use up a gallon and a half. Then see if there's any adverse effects on actual driving. Luck.

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
1,048 Posts
No, the Liquid Vapor Separator returns fuel back to the fuel tank and protects the charcoal canister.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got quite a drive today, around 60 miles. And i still loving this forester more and more.

Havent noticed anything funny yet. Fingers crossed. It might be a longterm problem. It might be okay, it might not.

Well, i had the 7 year b2b warranty. So although i hate to see my car goes to the shop for repairs.. Any problems, i just drive it to the dealer.

Cheers.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
1,048 Posts
Don't worry. The canister is separated from the fuel tank and the filler neck if they are full of fuel. Also there is a rollover or fuel cut valve. Any fuel coming up the fuel vapor line going to the canister will float the valve closed and protect the canister.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts