Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed oil using Pela 6000 extractor. Now I would like to tryout the Fumoto valve. May I asked what model of Fumoto I need to buy to install and ready for the next oil change?
Thanks You.:smile2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
316 Posts
I am excited about my Stahlbus valve. I'll be installing it after my filters are installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Changed oil using Pela 6000 extractor. Now I would like to tryout the Fumoto valve. May I asked what model of Fumoto I need to buy to install and ready for the next oil change?
Thanks You.:smile2:
I was looking at them also and trying to determine which model is best. I contacted the Canadian seller here in Ottawa and he says "Your vehicle will take the F-108 valve and all variations, the regular F-108, F-108S, and F-108N" The only problem is which one or does it matter? Hopefully someone with experience can enlighten us. My Forester is only a couple of months old so haven't done any exploring under it yet.

thanks

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
I was looking at them also and trying to determine which model is best. I contacted the Canadian seller here in Ottawa and he says "Your vehicle will take the F-108 valve and all variations, the regular F-108, F-108S, and F-108N" The only problem is which one or does it matter? Hopefully someone with experience can enlighten us. My Forester is only a couple of months old so haven't done any exploring under it yet.

thanks
I use F-108S. Short outlet that does does not pose a danger of exposure to damage. The Fumoto site shows the various versions. The S version allows attachment of a tube to direct the oil if you prefer.

·
Registered
2016 Forester
28 Posts
I have a 16 xt with the fumoto valve. They all work the same way but I have the one with the long nipple. The reason people get the shorter nipple is the angle of where the nipple is facing. If the drain plug faces the floor then people get the short nipple in fear it will scrap against something and break the valve causing it to leak all the fluid

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed a stahlbus at 5k on my 19 sport. Used it this past weekend for my 10k. Super impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i Tour CVT
313 Posts
I am using the N (long nipple one).. I bought the no nipple one for my wifes mkx and regret it. With the nipple it is no problem sliding a hose onto it to help direct used oil flow.. With the no nipple model you are trying to force that plastic adapter onto a hot valve.

Brian

·
Registered
2018 LTD w/eyesight
72 Posts

thanks
You're in Canada like me.
Buy the EZ Drain quick drain valve.
Works better than the Fumoto IMHO.
And cheaper, as it's made in Canada!

Model # EZ-108P

·
Registered
18' 2.5 Premium 6MT
156 Posts

thanks
These are the same valves that work on the 14-18 models, the 108 has no nipple, the 108s has a short nipple and there is a long nipple version. I would recommend the short nipple which has the leas impact on clearance. You'll want to have the 'nipple' as it allows you to attach a piece of plastic tubing which you route to your drain pan, thus eliminating the hazard of hot oil going where you don't expect or want it to go. Having at least warm oil allows it to drain faster and more thoroughly.

My procedure is:
1. Plug one end of the plastic tube into my catch pan with the nipple adaptor on the other end.
2. Shimmy under the car (no jacks required) use a Philips head screw driver to remove the plastic plug bolts from the oil drain cover, attach the nipple adapter to the fumoto valve.
3. Remove the plastic safety clip (prevent unintended opening of the valve), open valve, drink beer while letting oil drain and removing old filter.
4. Reverse above procedures, use oil residue on gloves to lube new filter o-ring and install new filter.
5. Add requisite oil type to manual specified volume.

Whole oil change takes 15 minutes but I usually rotate and inspect the tires, inspect the suspension and cv boots, and grease hinges while I am doing it so 40 minutes all in. Saves money and time at the dealer and gives piece of mind that you gave everything a once over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts