Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up a 2019 Limited and have a little rattle in the front driver side area between left side of dash and gauges. It doesnt happen all the time so its hard to pin point the exact location. We are giving it time to see if it goes away. But there will probably be a visit to the dealership in the future. We only have about 1000 miles on her so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having some rattle from that general area as well, a very faint and rapid clicking type sound. Hard to pin point and I have no faith in the dealership being able to fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our 2019 Limited was in the shop within 14 hours of ownership on the way home we noticed a rattle coming from the dash area. So we had to place it in the shop Saturday, Sunday, and got it back at the end of the day Monday. Turns out there is no padding in the eyesight housing and there was some looseness in the mirror causing the rattle. This may cause problems in other vehicles but it really sounded bad when you were on a call in the car. Anyway the issue was corrected with insulation tape but it did suck not to have our new vehicle 3 days out of the first 4 days of ownership. Purchased on th 12th of October and since that time all is well but the start stop takes some time to get use too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also have a vibrating plastic sound. I have 1700+ miles and haven't tried to locate the sound more precisely yet. Waiting to see if it goes away....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure exactly where your rattle is coming from. My 2019 Subaru Forester Limited had a rattle/buzz sound on the drivers side dash. I finally took it to the dealership and it turns out the speaker on the dash there was a piece of plastic rattling around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was having sort of the same noise, took my Canadian Premier (US Touring) to the Dealership they told me it was the Tweeter Grill, when I drove off it wasnt, took it back and they kept it for a couple of Days, they needed to contact Subaru Techline and it seems the problem was the Automatic Hi-Lo Beam Module doing the Rattle so I guess this will happen to whatever Vehicle that has this feature. Hope this helps this noise was driving me nuts, was happening all the time in my case

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Hoshie! but I think we are talking about two different vehicles here lol. I shared my Experience with my 2019 Forester Premiere just to let anyone experiencing the same that this Auto Hi-Lo module could be the source of the Rattle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have been having a very constant rattle in the dashboard area... I have traced it to the brake pedal actually even though it sounds like from the dash... you can tap on the pedal with your hand or feet and mimic the noise. I have tried touching everything under the dash that is connected to the brake pedal with no success ... although once it did stop for a day after fumbling my hands through all the attachments of the pedal up and under the dash... today the dealer reassembled the pedal and it seemed to have stopped but just came back... it is a constant ticking/clicking noise that you can even hear when closing the door or any vibration to the vehicle. Only the noise of the radio can drown it out for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Flash875 curious if you were able to resolve this problem? I have a similar rattle. The dealer had the car for about a day and completed the Technical Service Bulletin for the door rattle because--of course--they couldn't replicate the sound as I described. The TSB work didn't solve the issue. I believe mine is coming from the front left air vent. I can push the vent in and hold it to stop the sound when it starts; however, the sound is so intermittent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts