Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
we don't have 'side view camera' in US and no button at all ... ( u nas knopochki netu )
can you list pins for a button ? Thank you

P.S. OEM button and camera parts can be sourced from 2020 outback but we still have to run wires...
I'm already dealing with the topic of the radio, I won’t return to the issue of wires for the button, sorry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure what your connector is the same. take the tester and check. only this I see a way out of the situation. In Russia, all versions 2.0 and 2.5 come with a connector, as I showed - there are no differences. Perhaps you have more expanded MFD functionality - in particular, control of driver fatigue or something else .... we don’t have this ....
D'emon
the connector is the same, the cables change a bit. my forester 2.5 cvt limited.
from your image which were the ones that I connect?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Connectors are different. One is 28 pins, the other one is 24 if I see it correctly.
And yes, in EU the Forester e-boxer is offered but default with the driver assist package, that is with the IR camera on top of the MFD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Connectors are different. One is 28 pins, the other one is 24 if I see it correctly.
And yes, in EU the Forester e-boxer is offered but default with the driver assist package, that is with the IR camera on top of the MFD.
Subidriver
effectively my connector is 24 pin.
I will have to keep looking.

·
Registered
2019 2.5 Dynamic
7 Posts
Subidriver
effectively my connector is 24 pin.
I will have to keep looking.
Hola @ship690 were you able to connect the front facing camera? Do the models shipped to Chile have the capability to enable it with the side view mirror? There are tons of examples in Aliexpress who have made it work with the 15-20 USD camera. It can't be that hard right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hola @ship690 were you able to connect the front facing camera? Do the models shipped to Chile have the capability to enable it with the side view mirror? There are tons of examples in Aliexpress who have made it work with the 15-20 USD camera. It can't be that hard right?
@InnocentSmith
The hard part is getting the exact pin.
for that the manual with the circuits is required

41 - 52 of 52 Posts