Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring CVT7
273 Posts
Are the grid lines generated by the cameras? I always assumed they were added by the display electronics.
on US MFD grid lines generated by MFD can not be turned on under normal operation , all functions for hardware and software for front and side camera have been stripped out of MDF, it's basically a monitor with rca input..

·
Registered
1 Posts
If this is still interesting to someone, then in the MFD, 3 pins are intended for the buttons: 13, 14 and 15. Judging by the scheme, 15 is completely soldered, but in 13 and 14 there are 3 capacitors and 1 Schottky diode missing. Two large capacitors of 100nf, one small 10nf. On the diode, the designation " S3 ", the voltage drop on it is 270 milivolts. Something like this:
Soldering the 15th :
On the inside of the board.

If you want to solder the 14 pin :

Get closer:

If you want to solder the 13 pin:

Get closer :

Feet on the processor, where the button pins fit :
If you count from left to right, then 1 leg from the edge is 14 pins, 3 leg is 13 pins, 4 leg is 15 pins.

It will work or not, I don't know. It is necessary to try the car, I do not have such a car )))
My display number is 85261FL120
Perhaps my post will be useful.

P.S. I apologize for my English. the translation was made through Google translator

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
376 Posts
I could see the wilderness trim getting it for trail purposes. The Outback spy shots that appeared to be its wilderness trim clearly have the front view camera present. Currently that feature is only on the Onyx and Touring trims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, impressive! But I'm lost, I'm no electronics geek. If I get the 6v cam from Ali, for the Forester model which already has the side view monitor, and the 24 pin MFD connector, what else do I need to make the connections and have the front monitor work with the existing side view button? I guess I'm asking for the "for dummies" version of this thread at this point. I'm thinking of going into the Russian forums and ask around via Google translate at this point :D

Enviado desde mi motorola one action mediante Tapatalk
Buenos días, te escribo desde Colombia ( por eso en español ) tengo la misma duda pero veo que Denissh te respondió y la verdad sigo igual de perdido, mi Subaru es 2019 Forester la mas full con cámara lateral, compre la cámara en Aliexpress, pero como la conecto? esa cámara, se necesita un arnés de empalme? en otros foros se habla de el arnés especial que va conectado al sistema de faros inteligentes y eso acompañado de una cámara frontal bastante costosa pero que trae la conección diseñada para tal fin, a la final me puedes explicar como lograste hacer que la cámara de aliexpress funcione en la Subaru? la verdad no quiero hacer mucho desmonte en la parte interna del vehículo ( radio y esas cosas ) gracias por la respuesta

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
For 2019+ with side camera already installed
Pin 1 -GND
Pin 2-VIDEO-
Pin 3-VIDEO+
Pin 4 6v (likely Will not have power)
you can use pin-9 6V from side camera , if you camera 12V use pin 23

·
Registered
376 Posts
No mention of the camera on other trim levels. I was expecting at least the touring to get it too, but nothing so far. There are always surprises the the full details drop so it might still have it, but the press release shows nothing.

As for porting it over, I'm not sure it will be any easier than it has been. The only additional help might be US documentation, part availability, and a proliferation of wilderness owners willing to help figure it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey everyone!

Excited about the wilderness trim! Hopefully we'd be able to order the wilderness MFD with the support for the camera and put it in our current subarus, along with the camera itself and wiring harnesses. I could see a problem where if we order the wilderness harness it might not have all the hook ups for a specific trim. Say the headed seats on the touring or something. Not sure if you could just order the wires needed. I'd really doubt it. Might have to order the harness then cut out what is needed.

Excited to see part numbers come out soon!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thats great! I ended up opening my shifting area and the wires were not there to support the button :/ even if I had it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like the way my works compare to OEM setup on Ascent ...
I don't think Wilderness MFD will be compatible with Touring models anyway...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey @denissh hope you have been well! Why don't you think it will be compatible? Does the wilderness have additional features? Also, your custom setup is really good and hard to beat!

·
Registered
273 Posts
HI @foxbat,

yes, additional feature specific to Wilderness , and I don't think it will have memory seats or face tracking/ settings

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport - Orange Delete
25 Posts
Found the switch here (FIG.830 <CAMERA SW>) but isn't something that can be purchased separately. Haven't found anything else related, not looking promising :/

·
Registered
376 Posts
So I have a wilderness on order. I can't say I'll rip my car apart for everyone, but I'll try to help where I can in this effort.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts