Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2019 Forester window tint

26K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  forester 2019 
#1 ·
What % tint are the rear windows on the forester? If I wanted to go something like 20% all around, will the shop have to remove the factory tints on the rear to get it to match 20%? I want the front and rear to be identical. Anyone tinted their 2019 and have pics they can share (also what %)?

#4 ·
It is, and it’s privacy glass, which does little to reduce heat. Most good tint shops can easily match the tints, and also put a tint with hardly any light reduction over the privacy glass to significantly reduce heat. Here in Florida it’s a must, because the big Forester window area really can bake the inside. Also do the moon roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I also live in Florida and taking delivery in late April on a Touring. I want to tint and have several questions:

1.) is there any limit on type of tint affecting TPM signaling?
2.) The Windshield is not done?
3.) Have I overlooked anything to consider here?

#7 ·
Florida’s Tint Laws are as follows:
Non-Reflective Tint above the AS-1 Line.
Front Windows - 28% or greater
All other Windows - 15% or greater.

1) To the best of my knowledge, use non-metallic window tint. Where as I do not believe the TPM sensors will have any issue since the signal essentially comes from below the windows; do not know what received the signals.

2) See above paragraph regarding the AS-1 line. You can see the marks on the side of windshield.

3) Use non-metallic for rest of vehicle so that any signals/waves will not be disrupted; cell phones and whatnot.

I’m sure there may be more to consider but these mentioned are really the only things I take into account when tinting my vehicles.
Going to have my 19’ Sport done soon but haven’t found a dealer that has 28% tint. I also live in a Florida, Fort Myers.

#12 ·
The window tinting differs with the trim level. Base trim has all the windows equally tinted. Highest trim levels have the windows behind the front seat all darker. We have Subarus both ways, and prefer the lighter tint all arond. But we're in Vermont. And darker trim for the front-seat windows is illegal here. Anyway, if you're getting after market tint and want all windows equal, starting from the base trim would be an advantage.

#13 ·
Have you tinted your car yet ?
Your rear Windows are 20% its a smoked glass from a factory, Option #1 to match 2 front doors you can install 20% film on the front doors to match the rears, Option #2 is to install 15% on the front windows and 50% over the factory to make it look the same,I preffer to go a little darker it looks nicer, here in Castle Rock, Co they dont enforce the law as much, everyone mostly goes with 20% or darker.

Here is An Example of my 2008 FXT, it has no factory tint from Factory but it has Nano-Ceramic 15% and 80% on the Windshield.

Tnx
Marc

#14 ·
Hi
New first time owner of a 2019 Forester here
I like to know if the door trim is removed for the after market window tinting?
something I am not a fan of
I know I could question the installer , but don't think I could trust their answer to me

so if anyone has experience, I will appreciate your opinion

thanks

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.